Adventures of Darth Daddy

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

WARNING WARNING DANGER DANGER

Do NOT install service pack 2 for windows. WHat a problematic piece of shit!! After installing it, I got the following problems:

Both cd drives ( both are dvd-+rw drives) were recognized by Windows, but would no longer acess disks.

Roxio Drag to Disk now stated that "There were no recognized drives on the system"

I lost internet ability after about 30 minutes

Needless to say - this bitch had to go.

I contacted Microsoft, who led me on a 2.5 hr witch hunt - trying to uninstall SP2. After uninstalled, Windows took FOREVER to restart----and with no task bar. Eventually, I was told that she was going to refer it to a higher level tech, and they woul demail me back in 24 hrs.

I am about to try reinstalling Windows from disk. Not looking forward to all the pain in the ass reinstalling of all my programs though. Man - if I'd only have known before I installed that damn service pack.

AND - it was disguised. Windowsupdate never said that it was a whole godamned service pack. It said it was a simple file for Outlook express (which I dont use anyways). It was insistant - so I downloaded to shut it up.

Again - DO NOT INSTALL SERVICE PACK 2 FOR WINDOWS XP !! You'l regret it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter