Adventures of Darth Daddy

Monday, September 25, 2006

beta blogger?

Was just trying to sign in to update ya'll on what's happening, and I saw that there is a Blogger-Beta. Wonder what new features will be with that.

Tonight, for the first time ever (sicne his birth - 2 years ago this Thursday!), our youngest is not in the house. He is spending the night at the inlaws so that I can spend tomorrow at my older sons preskool. Taking into account all the shit I found out at the YMCA (by actually BEING there, and not just dropping the kids off), it's been driving me batty that my son has been in preskool for 4 weeks now, and I haven't been able to observe. Well, tomorrow that ends. I will get him there by 8am, spend the day helping the teacher, and around noon, we will leave together (the boy and I, not the teacher) to retrieve Darth Lance.

I received my first degree black belt at karate class. Nice ceremony and all. One of the best things, besides that both boys were there (wearing white karate outfits), is that the wife may have been bitten by the "hey, I used to do that" bug. All this damn time I've been training (over 2 years straight now), and this was the first time she's ever had time/bothered/cared enough to/whatever - go to the dojo and see what I've been doign with my time. Mind you, she didn't get to observe anything "regular", like a class or anything, but she liked what she saw. There was a younger girl testing for a brown belt, and (for some unknown reason), no one besides black belts showed up. This meant that she had to defend against, and spar against full grown 29-35 year old guys, rather than someone her own age. Seeing that girl hold her own, and keep trying was inspiring.

At my other dojo, things are still kinda crappy, but better. 3 people are still acting like assholes, but at least I can actually GET a partner when it's time to pair up.

Logan received his first "speech service" today. After having his tested, the skool system approved him for 1 hour a week of speech services. Not sure what went on during his 30 minutes of service today, but check this out -
When I arrived to pick him up today, the office lady and his teacher were talking. They told me that Logan had received his services today, and that they were really proud of him. Not for doign a good job in his session, but for how he reacted before it started. It seems that the speech teacher (from the public skool system, not the preskool) arrived today to spend a half hour with Logan. She went back to his room, and wanted him to leave the room with her. Logan politely said "no". He didn't know her, and wasn't about to leave the room with her. After reassuring from his teacher, he finally followed the lady to the front office. The needed to go to a seperate room together, and that meant leaving one building to walk to another. (The preskool owns 3 residencial houses in a row, and has linked them with a covered walk way). She asked Logan if he'd like to help her get some toys from her car. This time, he blatently refused. He told her to get the toys from her car, and bring them in herself. Then watched out the window of the door until she returned with them.

I couldn't be prouder. Although the teafher told him that the speech teacher was "ok", and that she and daddy said it was alright, he trusted his gut instinct, and wasn't about to have anything to do with some bitch that he didn't know - who tried to entice him to her car with promises of toys.
Innocent as it was, gotta wonder what the fuck the speech teacher was thinking. I can just imagine the message "You don't know me, but daddy said it's ok. Wanna go to my car and get some toys?". Gonna have to have a small talk about this with that speech teacher. I swear to God, some people just don't fuckin think.

Like this old fart at Logan's first AWANA meeting. After a horribly done hand puppet play, with a theme of "Keep your promises", the kids sat down for story time. It was done by an old lady that everyone called "gramma ____(something)." She uses a felt board and felt pictures to tell the story of Adam and Eve. Her audience was 3 and 4 year olds. Near the end of her story, she tells how Adam and Eve got thier "leaf clothes" taken away, and were told by God (I shit you not, the bitch ACTUALLY SAID THIS)............"God told them 'because you didn't keep your promises, I have to kill some of your animals to make clothes for you." And with that , she removed the felt sheep from the board. I'm sitting there thinking "Oh fuck. OH NO you DIDN'T. You did NOT just tell little kids "keep your promises, or God will kill your pets". Un-fuckin-believable.

I gotta get some sleep.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger jen said…

    What the hell was that old lady thinking!? People are freaking stupid! Congrats on the black belt!

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Kudos on the Karate celebration! That is so cool.

    From what I have been hearing out in the Blogosphere - holding off on the Beta-Blogger version may be a good idea for a little while. The comment section seemed to be giving problems as of last week for starters. (you'd have to comment as "other" because it can't recognize your blogger ID) That's just one of the quirks they need to iron out.

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate the common-man...or woman in this case...

    - Jon
    - Daddy Detective
    - www.daddydetective.com

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Oda Daddy said…

    Congrats to Logan for holding his ground. I know a lot of teachers who are just dumb-asses.

    -OD

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter