Adventures of Darth Daddy

Thursday, January 05, 2006

A few points of interst

We've had our ups and down recently.

UPS

The other day, we were talking about Logan's first trip to the local library. He started recalling all taht we had done (borrowed a dvd - got some books), when he started calling the place a BOOK-brary. Seemed like a fitting word.

If Logan wants something, you can sing to him that he will not have it. He, inturn, will sing back to you how he needs it, and please can he have it. It's so cool!

Lance has turned into a monkey, and is proud to display his climbing skills. He will stalk a high area, look around, climb up on it (like a chair), and then yell out for everyone to look. So far no falls, but he has taken a liking to his brothers bed (MUST climb the highest side..not the lowest, where you are SUPPOSED to get in).

DOWNS

Logan has been asking to go to a cheapy chinese resteraunt for a few days now. There is a place nearby that has nice sweet/sour chicken and fried rice for only $3 (for lunch). We've gone a few times, and they always make a fuss over him and Lance. Logan particularly likes that they have a freezer/fridge with a pitcher of water in it, and I pour him a cup of water, instead of making him use a sippy cup. We were getting dressed to go their for lunch yesterday, and he kept refusing to get his socks on. I finally told him to forget it, walk around barefoot, and headed off to the kitchen to make hotdogs for lunch. Suprisingly, this didn't seem to phase him. But the hotdogs did. Not at first. He ate a hotdog, then a few hours later had keilbasi for dinner....and then we headed off to the ymca (the whole family). He played in the child-watch area (with Lance) while mommy and I worked out. But afte rwe got home, and he was in bed for an hour, all hell broke loose in his tummy. He started crying, so I rushed in to sooth him. He spit up on his pillow and blankets (actually, on MY pillow and blankets, as he was asleep on the floor). I got him to the living room, where he barfed some more. By his third heave, the smell got to me , and I started gagging, and looking around for something that "I" could throw up in. We got him calmed, and cleaned, and all the nasty blankets out of his room. He laid on the couch with mommy and me until he was asleep. Then, I laid him in his bed. The wife headed off to bed, and not more than an hour later, he came out stying again. I rushed a bowl to him just in time for another blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Cleaned his face....got him situated on the couch. Put in a movie for him to calm him (Homeward Bound), and made sure that his bed was not soiled. As he watched the movie, I fell asleep on the couch with him. Woke up 30 minutes later to see him searching frantically for the blow (that was right next to him), and a fourth BLAAAAAAAAA came out. Besids the distinct smell of BLAAAAA, ther ewas also a hotdog smell. I think we will avoid them for a while.

Another dumbass thing I did....... Ok- let's back track a little bit. Logan just woke up the first time, I saw him spew a bit on his/my bed. The wife woke up and stayed with Logan (and cleaned him) as I cleaned the room and got new bedding. I figured it was best for me to do so, because I saw where he barfed, and which blankets were not effected. By the time I got the bundle of blankets to the potty, she had already dealt with the first container that was used to catch BLAAAAAAAaaaaaa. I tossed the blankets in the bathtub, and saw the container in there....with no throw up in it. After the second time he barfed (and the wife was asleep), I took the new container to the bathroom....saw the old on in the bathtub, and thought "WOW.....how'd she get all that throw up down the drain? Oh well...must have worked". I then proceeded to dump the new containers contense down the shower drain.....and it just sat there. I ran the water, and it still kiinda sat there. I let it sit a minute, then turned to take a leak while I thought. AS soon as I saw the potty, it hit me what a dumbass I was...and that they wife had not disposed of it down the SHOWER drain, but in the potty, like I should have, had I managed to bring along any common sense to the potty.

Tomorrow is friday....so far today, Logan has not had any problems holding down food (and you can bet your ass that I didn't give him any hotdogs either!). If breakfast tomorrow goes well, maybe we'll end up at that chinese place for lunch.
BTW- lance has shown no sigh of anything disagreeing with his tummy. He's been a tad fussy lately, but at least no throwing up and the runs, like big brother.


Shannon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter