Adventures of Darth Daddy

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

ATI card and updates

I have an All In Wonder video card by ATI. It allows me to watch tv on my pc, record programs, and line in a vcr for transfering vhs tapes to digital (to make dvds). It was the culprit in my video freezing problem, so I had to download new drivers for it. It didn't say so (but a Google search told me) that you must also download a program by Microsoft called .NET 1.1 in order to make the video drivers work properly. I have downloaded both, and so far have had no problems.

Just a note to anyone having a problem with their Catalyst program (it monitors your video 'stuff')..... i fyou are getting an error from yoru startup of WIndows xp that says "Cli.exe failed to open", you need to make sure you have the latest video drivers AND have that .NET program (downloadable from Microsoft).

2 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger jen said…

    Shannon, have you tried taping shows with your computer yet? Let me know when you do. My Dad was curious about that. At some point he will need a new graphics card. I told him about that card, and he didn't believe me that it exists. (Right, Dad. I'm lying about a graphics card.) Glad to see all is fixed. Google is a great thing.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Darth Daddy said…

    An ALL IN WONDER video card is a fantastic thing to have. If you already have a avored video card, you can addan ATI TV tuner card that will do the same thing (avaliable internal pci slot needd). This will allow you to record to programs from tv/cable. You can also line in a vcr and record vhs tapes to digital (for dvd authoring, or vcd, depending on wheher you have a dvd or cd burner.)

    Ive converted vhs tapes of our wedding to dvd. Ive also turned vhsc tapes of the boys into a vcd with music and slideshow. Lots of neat things to do.

    Shannon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter