Adventures of Darth Daddy

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Wednesday

I forgot to check and see if any good movies came out yesterday on dvd. Lately, there's been a bunch of stinkers. The Great Raid look promising, though....but couldn't find it low enough. Most new releases (at Walmart) go for around $13.99, for the first week or so. The past few months, however, a few Walmarts have gotten greedy, and charged the full $19.99 from day one. Some minorly discount for a week (like around $16.99), but unless it's a MUST HAVE, $14 is my limit.

The wife went off today (for the whole day) with her mother, going shopping for the day out of the area. That left the boys and I by our own (like most days). We ventured to Chickfila for lunch, and settled in at home for our mid afternoon movie/nap time. Today, the movie pick was Rush Hour. Logan loves with movie, not only because of the kung fu in it, but because of Chris Tucker. Logan will point to his lips and yell "Do oo undstand words come out my mouth?".

Suck time tonight at Aikido.....lots to blog about over at the martial arts blog.

Tomorrow, the wife has arranged for us to have a DATE. With each other. Figured I'd add that, considering how rocky things have been recently. She wanted us to have some time alone, and be able to go see a movie. Suprisingly, our choices were not what would be normally expected. She wants to see the witchcraft/advernture movie Harry Potter. I, on the other hand, wanted to check out the chick flick "Memiors of a geisha". I have the hots for the lead actress....she was in Hero, Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon, and Rush Hour 2. Sweet moves...sweet looks. After not much discussion, the wife won. I also want to see the Harry Potter movie, and plan on getting the geisha movie on dvd anways. I'll let you know how it goes.

PRIZE ALERT---PRIZE ALERT

For those who actually hang around here and read what I type, I wanted to do something in appreaciation. For the first 5 people who email me their postal address (sthetx@yahoo.com), I will mail you a complimentary coupon for a free Chickfila Chicken Sandwich. Stay At Home Dads can opt for a free Kids Meal coupn instead. I've wanted to make the blog a bit more interactive...we'll see how this goes.

Well, off to rant at the other blog.

Shannon

3 Comments:

  • At 1:41 AM, Blogger Idaho Dad said…

    I love free lunches, but there isn't a Chik-Fila around here for about a thousand miles!

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Darth Daddy said…

    (Must use oriental accent when reading)

    For you, I make speshral accepshun ...you my number one cussamer. Me glad you come here. For you, one time offer, I send McDonalds instead.

    Shannon

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Geoff Busbridge said…

    Haha! I am the win! Except, of course, that I live in Canada and don't travel, which means you should save the coupons for someone else. Just letting you know that I still check in when I've got time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter