Adventures of Darth Daddy

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A HA !!!

No, not the 80's group ...today, I sat in the thrown of richteousness.

Today, the MIL was coming over to take Logan for the day. This gives him some "out of the house" experiences, as well as gives Lance and I time to bond. Not 10 minutes before her arrival time, Logan and I went outside and determined that it was very cold. Nippy. When the boy and the MIL went to leave, I put Logan in a nice warm winter coat, and a stocking hat. MIL told me that it wasn't THAT cold outside. I reflected her usualy demeanor with "Well, my goodness...it must have really warmed up in the last 10 minutes..since we were just out there." He kept the hat and the coat on. She asked for a lighter coat in case that one became too bulky. I obliged.

Lance and I headed off to shop for Logan for Christmas, and after a few hours, returned home to snag some milk. Wife was home early, and we went to another shopping place together (all three of us). As we are walking past the entrance/exit part, Im in the middle of telling my wife what a nut job I thought her mother was...MIL just got rid of a 2 week long cold, and here it is 50 degrees, and she's telling me that I,overdressing my kid...and who should come out of the store.....you got it! MIL and Logan. He at least had his hat on, but had neither jacket on. We had a bit of a ceremonial reading of the riot act. FINALLY caught her in the act of doing something dumb! In front of the wife.
Mind you, the boy still had on a warm long sleeved sweatshirt, but that's not the point.

If the boy has as much as a sniffle tomorrow, as God (which ever one you, the reader recognize) as my witness, they'll never hear the end of it.
Ok,,that's a bit harsh...but let's just say I'll milk it for all its worth.

As they say, NO ONE watches your kids like YOU do. In this case, not even grandmas
.


Can't type long....it's freezing up here in the attic.

I did want to tell about some neat finds I got today. Logan has his heart set on this $50 drum set from the toy store. It's electronic, and has a mic and a keyboard. It's about $40 too much. But, I got an ad today from Roses (poor mans KMart around here), and they have a similar one (no keybaord..but he already had a full sized keyboard) for only $20. I alsi picked up some more stocking hats for $1 each...and some fleece 1 piece pajamas for both the boys at $2.50 each.

Still gotta figure out what to get the wife for Xmas. Maybe some rose colored glasses? (HEHEHEHEHEHE)

Ok..my nose it freezing now from this cold air.

Have a Happy Turkey Day!!

Shannon and Family

1 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I completely know what you mean about other people and kids. I used to leave Tristan-fully dressed-with my mom while I attended one class for an hour and half. I would come home and he would be stripped down to his diaper. Granted he was in the house but 1) he was a baby, 2) it regularly gets to -20F here, and 3) the house is old and drafty. Some people eh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter