Adventures of Darth Daddy

Thursday, November 03, 2005

The good, the bad...and tha ugly old bitch at Chickfila

Today had some tense moments, and some moments that I will carry in my heart till they put me in the ground.

The Bad: Logan has been getting a bit emotional lately. Losing control is mor like it, and over simple things. Today we stayed home all day, and he got al upset over 1 which shirt to wear 2. That I folded a blanket 3. Whether I sat on the floor or the bearn bag. And almost each time, the problem changed..meaing that he'd get upset that I wanted to sit on the bean bag, and then would get even more upset that I DIDNT sit on it. A few times today, I ended up just haing him sit on my lap till he calmed down. Took a few minutes each time, but afterward, it was like a whole new Logan (for a while, at least).

THE GOOD: I burned a cd last night and put it on the stereo. While sitting on the floor, listening to Toad the Wet Sprocket "All I Want", both the boys came over , plopped down in my lap, and wanted to be rocked to the music. Then , we all got up to dance to the Rubberband Man Songs: Logan and I LOVE the Rubberband man from the OfficeMax commecials. The spinners "Rubberband man" is his theme. Logan also thinks that "Supersticious" by Steveie Wonder is also his song, since they both are similar. So, when these songs came one back to back, we all got up and started to really jam. Logan shaking his booty....Lance laughing at both dad and big brother. We had a blast. Next was PHYSICAL by my first love Olivia Newton John". I danced like the video, and both of them just rolled on the ground in laughter as I made an ass of myself for their amusment. After a minute, Logan said "No dance that song dadda".

THE UGLY OLD BITCH FROM CHICKFILA: We went to a newly renovated Chickfila by our house. Nice playground. Logan was playing with some other kids, one of which was a 3 or 4 yr old little girl. They jockeyed for position once when going up the playset. Seemed innnocent enough. THe little girl as just as much an instigator as Logan was. Kids play..thats what they do. A few minutes later, on the ground level, Logan hugs the little girl, and they fall over. The little girl starts FREAKING OUT...I mean full scale panic attack. Crying, screaming at the top of her lungs..the works. Her grandma comes in and starts yelling at all us parents. She started yelling that my kid TACKLED her precious little princess, and then rushed out to the seating area and disappeared. Didnt think much of it. Next thing I know, the girl is back in the play area.....Logan and her are on the second level and she is fuckin losing her mind! She's screaming and wailing 10 times worse that the ground floor insident. I call for Logan, and he doesn't answer. I get worried, and start to head up (with Lance at my side). The girl comes down the steps....Logan comes down the slide. Logan is red in the face, but he was that way from playing.
The girl has snot running down her face, drool pouring down her mouth..the por thing was obviously disturbed. Again, grandma storms in, and demands to know (from us parents who were in there) what had gone on. Nobody knew...nobody could have, cause you cant see the 2nd level. I make Logan get his shoes on for not coming when I called him, and told him it was time to eat. A few minutes later, we get in line, and in the process of ordeing our food, grandma from hell pushs her was thru the lines and starts trying to chew me a new ass. "Do YOU KNOW WHAT THAT LITTLE BRUTE DID TO HER??". I go: "Umm.....nope, and neither do you, since you didnt see it either". I check Lance in the stroler being me, and get Logan beind me too. She tells me that Logan hit her in the face. Ok - within the relm of posibility...but hardly likely. My son likes to hug tighly...and to jump up and down in front of kids, but is not a bruiser that punches little girls in the face. She tells me that my kid need to be beaten.. I tell her that maybe her little girl need some emotional support and to stop making up stories for attention. This old bitch then actually says "Maybe I shoudl kick your ass". I was stunned for a second. I said" Lady, Im over 200 lbs...your over 200 years old.....what the hell do you think would happen?". She tells me that she's going to get her son to kick my ass. I tell her to have him bring friends, and a lawyer, cause after the display Id make of them, they are all getting sued. All the while, shes holding the girl..I thought this bitch has GOT to be nuts.

I was going to get my food to go, but decided to demonstrate a few thing to my sons......

1. That daddy aint afraid of a damn thing....especially being bullied by some 140 year old woman.

2. How to remain calm enough to eat dinner calmly, even after an insident like that.

3. If need be, how to perform multiman defense in a closed setting, while not damaging my styrofoam cup, ther eby making a free refill impossible.

Old bitch gets on her phone....we eat at a normal pace....I got out of Logan taht the little girl was being mean to him, and that she pushed him.. He, of course, pushed back, and the girl went apeshit. She hit HIM , flailing her arms and legs at him, and of course, he didnt just walk away, but started yelling at her, furthering her fit. He said that she actually hit him, not the other way around. He called her "mean little girl".

No posse ever came for me....mean little girls mother showed up, and sat with the old bat, but never came over. I'd have gladly invited her to sit down to discuss what may have happened. I was calm, well fed, and waiting for their next move.

Unwilling to leave well enough alone, after grandmas telling the entire store how horrible we were, when we leave, the mother comes to the window and stares at me loading the boys in the truck. I figure this broad is gettign my tag number or something, so I upped the ante.....I called the police. I explained how the grandma had threatened me , and I wanted to press charges. I admit, I felt really bad when they asked me to describe the perp......Elderly woman, caucasion, abot 70 yrs old, glasses, short grey hair. Felt like I was turning in Mrs. Clause.

I watched that old bat like a hawk , and just before the cop rolled up, she disappeared. As I talked with the cop, I didnt see that she went to get the girl from the play area. When the cop asks me if I see her, I thought she had gone home. Cops leaves.....I get in the truck, and the old bat comes out to get into her car. She had the girl with her....mom had left a few minutes earlier. I was pissed. I knew there was nothing that the cop could do, but the shock factor of having the cops called on her would have been nice. Had to fight the urge to drive up/by and call her names. Didnt want to do anything in front of the little one.


We will return to this play area. Hope to not run into this old bat again, but if we do, she better be on guard. Forget karate and judo....I'll have my cell phone handy!!

Shannon

5 Comments:

  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger Idaho Dad said…

    "Lady, Im over 200 lbs...your over 200 years old.....what the hell do you think would happen?"

    Line of the month!!! ROFL!

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger Darth Daddy said…

    Thank you Thank you

    In retrospect, an alternate zinger would have been ..

    "Rubbish - you have no power here. Now be gone, before someone drops a house on YOU"

    Shannon

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Chip said…

    man, you go to places with some pretty rough crowds!!!

    I loved dancing with my kids, it was great, and they really loved it too. I used to do a special "snow" dance with them whenever it started snowing or snowed really hard, my son still liked doing it with me last year; now that he's 11 I'm not sure, we'll see in a couple of weeks.

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Maybe Logan should have told her, "Damn bug...hold still just a second more"...

    And then used that bug stalking judo on her.

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Darth Daddy said…

    Hehehe Squash her like a bug.

    Lance was the one in the bug squash picture...but Im sure that even he (1 yr old) could have had a title shot against that old bat. Im glad Logan was behind me, and didnt run up and Muay Thai her shins.
    Elbo elbo neeeeeeee

    Shannon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter