Adventures of Darth Daddy

Monday, December 26, 2005

Some computer help

I forget to add this in the last post. My computer is working fine. But my USB ports are supposed to be 2.0, but are running at 1.0 . I only have service pack 1 installed. A long while back, I installed service pack 2 for windows xpo, and it screwed my compter up royally! Cd/DVD drives were unrecognized, programs stopped working...a real mess. I spent an hour on the phone with a Windows tech, and managed to uninstall SP2, but it would completely unistall, and my system was f*cked. I ended having to reinstall Windows xp, and of course, REinstall all the progams that I use.
I have been giving some thought to trying SP2 again. It's been over a year, and Ive read about all the debugging they've done. I'd like my system to run smoothly....but Id also like it to RUN! Has anyone had any experiences with SP2 (good or evil)? I want want usb 2.0, but I dont want to mess my system up to get it.

Any stories to share?



Shannon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter