Adventures of Darth Daddy

Monday, December 26, 2005

Some time to myself - to share with you

Oh YEAH!! Got the new system running!! I think that I will need a new power supply before long, but for now, IT'S ALIVE!!

And that means that I will be back to blogging more. This is the longest I've ever taken off - I hope I havent been dropped from blogrolls.

Dec 2nd was Logans 3rd birthday. Dec 14th was my 35th birthday. We celebrated a fantastic Christmas, and now have some serious house cleaning to do.

For Christmas, I got Logan an electronic drum set, a mini guitar, and a small wooden train set. Lance got toys too, but prefers playing with his brother's drums and guitar.

My mom came over with gifts for the boys, and gave Logan a Bob the Builder dvd. Shortly after, he started bugging me to watch a movie. I asked if he wanted the new Bob dvd, and he said "no". He proceeded to do the splits, demonstrate Tiger Claw Kung Fu, and said he wanted to Shaolin Kick Ball movie. He was asking for Shaolin Soccer. After my mom left, I put Lance in his swing for his nap, and Logan and I layed on the couch watching Shaolin Soccer.


Warning to anyone using Windows XP- if you decide to upgrade your motherboard and processor, make damn sure you know where (or buy ) a windows XP install cd. You will not be able to load windows without performing a 20 minute long Repair. Fortunately, I haven't lost ANY settings or files. My desktop is the same, my settings are the same. So far, so good. And I got to upgrade from 2ghz to 3ghz (including new mobo) for about $60. Although the old cpu is screwed, the old mobo is fine. Think I'll try to unload it on Ebay. Have to check on the maker, but I knwo it will at least support a Celeron 2ghz cpu.

LOGAN THINGS IVE BEEN MEANING TO BLOG ABOUT:

A few days back, we were all driving, and Logan was in the far back of the minivan. He LOVES the Rubberband Man from the Office Max comercials. When that song comes on, we both drop what we're doing and dance crazy like the guy on tv. I even got it on cd, along with Supersticious (by Stevie Wonder). There's another commercial for jeans on tv that used that song, but it has a groooove to it that we both like. I tell Logan that it's the OTHER Rubberband Man song. Soo.. we're driving in the wifes van, the music cd in is my truck at home, and Logan wants to hear the Rubberband man song. I sing Rubberband Man by the Spinners, and he wants to hear the OTHER one. So I start off with "Very supersticious....." and from the back of the van, we hear a tiny little voice sing "writting on da wall". It was so cute!


LANCE STUFF:

We finally had to cut Lances hair. I got out the video camera, and we trimmed his bangs. He now looks so grown up! He really starting to get this "balance" thing, and will now free stand
for several seconds without falling. Any day now, those first steps will happen. He also has learned how to play the "little brother" game. The other day, Lance was at the front door, and Logan was nearby. Logan was actually too close (he was swinging something), so he was asked to move away from Lance. He goes to walk away, and Lance ran after him, tackled him, and started crying ...yelling "bubba bubba bubba" (he calls Logan 'bubba). Has my wife not seen this, she'd have bet that Logan was messing with Lance, but that little turdling is figuring out how to get big brother in trouble. If Logan bumps his a little when he walks by, Lance will look around for the wife or me, and then start squwaking..only if he sees one of us. Gonna have to keep both eyes on these boys.

Well, I need ot update my martial arts blog too, so Im off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter