Adventures of Darth Daddy

Saturday, December 31, 2005

2006 - well, almost

About 30 minutes to go before the New Year is here....

I often heard that what you do at the stroke of midnight on new years eve is what you want to do for the next year. Someone asked if I had any BIG plans for New Years this year - I said "Yeah..kiss the wife at midnight". We've done this as a tradition for a long time now.

We had a good day today. I missed Aikido class, cause I was just too damn tired to go. Plus I needed some time to get ready (meaning to find) all the costume pieces for my party (which went quite well, I might add).

After I got home, we all went out for a nice dinner at a Chinese buffet that has crab legs. Logan snorted sugar from the little donuts or something and went apeshit in the resteraunt. No bad, mind you - just hyper as all get out. Would not sit down to save his life - which I told him it might - several times. After our meal , we almost said "hell with it - take this demon home", but we needed tiolet paper& Macaroni and Cheese, so we dared venture to Walmart. THe place was packed, we found some good after Xmas/clearance deals, lucked out with a short register line, and Logan was a perfect gentleman the entire time. Blew my mind.
BTW_ if you are in a Walmart, and the lines are really REALLY long, always take a peek at the front most self check rows. THe ones further back look long cause of where the register is located...but the ones in the front often go unused, caus epeople don't want to ventur eup to them. Of course, if you have only a few items, you can always use the Jewelry section or Sporting Goods section. I sometimes think they are even greatful for checking out there, just so they have something to do.

11:30 pm - now we have a half hour before New Years. 2006. Wow. I still have checks where the year line has "19__" on them. The boys are growing up before me, and I now believe what the old folks always said...time does move faster the older you get. Hard to think of all that's gone on this last year. Hell, hard to REMEMBER all that's gone on this last year. And with that in mind, I encourage all who read this to update their blog regularly. In the following year, I will have few if any resolutions...but one wil be to better record/document the day to day things that go on in my life. One day, I will look back on this log with rememberance. I will allow each entry to take me back in time to when the kids were still young enough to climb up in my lap and fall asleep listening to my heartbeat. To a time when I had the best job that any man could ever ask for. Raising my kids.

Hapy New Year everyone....

1 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger jen said…

    Happy New Year to you Darth Daddy! Glad to see the computer is back up and running!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter