Adventures of Darth Daddy

Thursday, December 29, 2005

From shit to gold

And not just gold shit....

I had a very nice day today. Woke up rather early-- or shoudl I say I was WOKEN rather early, but the kids were in a great mood. Both were laughing, and played nicely. After a brunch, we dropped both my laughing turdlings off at MIL's house, and headed off to the movies. We say Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The wife has read all of the books, so she's a fairly decent source of "why did they do that?"'s, and "What did they leave out?". The movei definitely has a darker theme to it this time around. When it comes out of dvd, I think parts may frighten Logan a bit - not not scar him for life or anything. Overall, I'd say it was a great movie.

Afterwards, I wanted to walk around the mall, but the wife was anxiious...anxiu....can;t spell that one...she PREFERRED to leave. When we passed the entrance to the interstate, I got suspishu....suspicioos.......alert. With the kids out of the way, we came back home and I found out why she didnt want to waste time browsing at the mall. I got luckier than a four leaf clover! WOOHOO for me!

afterwards . ... we picked up the kids, and headed for home again.

I almost didn't go to aikido tonight, after such a shit time yesterday, but I was drawn there. And luckiy so. I had a very nice night there. I performed decently, didn't need much correction, and left with a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction (much like I did before we picked up the kids!!)

When I got back from dojo, Lance was already in bed, but Logan was still up. He doesn't want Christmas to be over, and still wants to see the pretty decorations up over our hood. So, we browsed the web for a year calander, and I tried to explain about New Years, and how it was next. The Google picture helped with pictures of baby new year. Then, I looked up Valentines Day for him...with all the hearts, and love..and this picture that came up on the first page of our search .
*** I was going to post the pic, or a link to it, but figured Id make a game of it. Imagine your at the computer, and talking about love with your 3 yr old. You just got past all the pictures of grown men in diapers (during the Baby New Year picture search fiasco), so you type in VALENTINES DAY,. Click on this hyperlink, open the page, and see if you can spot which one don't seem to fit. And no, it's not the friggin dogs.

Ok - enough of my marital arts - off to update the martial arts blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter