Adventures of Darth Daddy

Sunday, January 22, 2006

A better day today

With all that has been going on with Logan, I havent had time to keep up with the blogs I usually check in on.

Today was a good day. Logan still has a runny nose , but he hasn't gotten anywhere near as sick as the other night. We've been giving him Tylenol or cold medicine, and that seems to be working.

Today was my mother's birthday - she turned 63.

After a pretty eventless morning, I headed off to work (money - cha ching!) I had a magic show to perform for a 6 yr old birthday party. It had been a while since I had done one - and I was (i feel) a bit ackward, but it went quite well.

Came back home to get the family, and met my mom for dinner.

DEER HEAD ON THE WALL!
Walmart, mecca of "I didnt' realize I needed THAT", has had a deer head on a store pole for a few months. Everytime we go there, the kids demand that we go to the sporting goods area. I am tall enough to push the activation button, and this life-like looking mounted deer head talks and sings. It started off at $99, and then dropped to $75 after Christmas. A little while later, it dropped to $50. I watched as their stock decreased, until only 5 we left. Yesterday, they were all gone. The kids didnt care, casue they (Walmart) still has one on the wall. The wife breathed a sigh of relief. This was a sad moment for me. I kinda wanted one. Not for $50, but I figured they'd drop down lower as they sat there unbought.

After asking the sports guy about them, he directed somewhere - the isle of forgotten reduced talking deer heads! 3 of them left. And marked down to - $35 !!!

The kids love that we have a talking deer on our livingroom wall. The wireless mike is a favorite with them. I like the remote that makes it move. The cats are not as amused. The wife -let's not go there.

Tomorrow is Monday - the wife is back to work - and it's back to the grind for me.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger jen said…

    What does he say and sing? Holiday tunes?

    jenny

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger KC said…

    Don't you want one of those singing mounted fishes too? http://www.howstuffworks.com/singing-fish.htm :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter