Adventures of Darth Daddy

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Just plain out of luck

Well, my plans of letting the Geek Squad at BestBUy fix my computer went KAPUT today. I fingued there was something wrong with "If they don't get it to work, I got my $40 back", so I called to confirm this. TUrns out the girl I spoke with didn't knwo what the hel she was saying. If they can't get it to work, they will "allow" me to return the video card (which I can already return). They keep the $40 for labor. Screw that. I returned the new card and reinstalled the old card.

After all of my trying, I am certain that the problem lies in a video card/ motherboard incompatibility. I now gotta figure out whether to try the USB version, or just spend the money on another new motherboard (this time with INTEL chipset, and not this VIA crap). Time to browse the TIGERDIRECT.com website again. My mother's birthday is coming up soon - maybe I'll upgrade her computer for her..hmmmmm.

TECH QUESTION: My old motherboard was a SOYO something - it ran a Celeron 2ghz with a 400fsb. Has anyone ever stuck a Celeron 2.9 478 pin cpu with a 533 fsb into a mobo that useta run a chip with a 400fsb? I know it will all depend on whether the old motherboad can handle the fsb of the new chip - and I'd answer that questions for myself - cept that those fuckwits over at Microsoft make you reinstall windpws xp when you change motherboards. I don't want to install it again.



Logan had a qild day today - major spaz. Lance was determined to stand , but was always laughing so hard that he never got that first step going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter