Adventures of Darth Daddy

Monday, January 16, 2006

Oh what a beautiful mourning -

everyone sing along.. Oh what a beautiful day..


Today was very pleasant. We started of by a tip to the Ymca (as a family - the wife had the day off from work). She wanted to try a "baby and me" class, and I took Logan into the Gym to play ball. Their gym is resrerved for their childcare from 9am-1pm, and was empty when we got there. I called ahead and they said it was fine for us to play in there... that's why it was reserved - just big people without little people weren't allowed.

The wife headed off to her class with Lance, and I headed to the gym with logan. After about 10 minutes of running around and throwing basketballs around, we were overrun with 26 kids from the childwatch. Not what I had planned, but it worked out great. Logan now had the feeling that he was doing something with me, but also had 26 other kids to play with.

Funny thing was, with all those kids now present, I was the last one that Logan wanted to play with. Not that I was left out, mind you. everytime I sat down, about 4-12 kids gathered around me, and started rolling balls at me, wanting me to play ball with them. It was so cute! I had a hard time keeping track of Logan, and entertaining all the other kids, but I managed. Never a dirty look from the kid watchers either. As a matter of fact, laterr, when the wife had stepped in (after her class) to watch the kids while I grabbed our locker stuff, she overheard 2 worker talking with an Admin person, saying that they'd have gone nuts, if a dad hadn't have been there to play with some of the kids. (sweeeet).

When Lance showed up, there were only about 15 kids left, so I let him run around on the floor (crawl, actually). He loved it. He got a basketball, and rolled it (crawling ater it) from one end of the court to the other. Then , he crawled to the center of the basketball court, and started smiling and yelling to everyone.
So after playing , we headed over to Logan's Roadhouse for lunch. They overcooked my first burger, but the second one was delish!!

We same home for nap time, and this is where I lost rack of time. It was now about 1pm, and I sonked!! Dead to the world. Lance slept, Logan and the wife played - and I layed on the couch in a state of blissful unconsciousness. Woke up a few times, with either the wife nose-to-nose with me, or Logan-- telling me that I was snoring too loud.

Got up groggy, but got my aikido stuff together. The wife and the kids were heading back to the Y. SHe had a fitness class, and the kids were going to childwatch. I was heading out to Aikido, but my battery was dead. It's been giving me trouble. It eventually started, and class was great. I stopped at Advance, had the battery checked (confirmed that it was indeed the battery that was bad, and I didn't have an electrical short somewhere in the truck), and $76 later, drove home with a new battery. Coulda got one cheaper at Walmart, but they at least tested the old one for free. I don't think Walmart will test your old one.

Got home - baby asleep - wife and Logan on couch watching tv. Soon , Logan was asleep, and wife and I eat what was left over from our Roadhouse lunch.

Now - I sit before a working computer - no internet interuption, and can watch tv if I want to (although, of course, now that I have it fixed, Im not watching it.)

Shannon

ps. I gotta give credit to the tech support at Mach Speed. They responded to all my tech support emails. ATI, on the other hand, sucks. Fuckers sent me a auto-return email saying that it was probably my fault, I installed the software wrong or something. Jackasses. THe Mach people came to the same conclusion that I did - that it was a conflict with the video card and the VIA chipset of the board. So word of advice - if you want an ATI all in wonder video card - make sure that you have an Intel chipset on your motherboard - NOT a VIA chipset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter