Adventures of Darth Daddy

Thursday, October 20, 2005

STRESSSSS!!!!

In contrast to the title, today wasn't all that bad. TONIGHT was, but today wasn't.

The inlaws took Logan for the day, leaving Lance and I a day to play. We played a while, then went to a resteraunt for lunch. It was sooo strange only having one child to deal with. I kept fighting back the feeling of "Oh shit - where's Logan?!?!"


The wife swung home to pick up Lance, so I could go to my new dojo . On the way to the dojo, I again had that weird feelign of "Didnt' I just have a baby??".

Aikido class stressed me out in stead of helping me release stress, but that's another blog.

The wife comes home, puts Logan to bed, and Lance in his swing. Lance is asleep in minutes, and later is transfered to his bed. I decide to come upstairs to blog a bit, and hear the baby crying. I go back downstairs, get him before he wakes his older brother, and end up on the couch for the next 30 minutes, as he sqirms and tosses and turns, and does everything imaginable to keep from falling back asleep. Putting him down only causes his to scream. Eventually, he is willing to go back to his swing. He soon falls asleep, and I slip away upstairs. I get about 5 minutes of typing when he awakes, and starts to scream again. Back downstairs I go - hold the baby another 20 minutes till he falls asleep. Just as I go to get up, Logan comes walkign in, crying, and wants to cuddle with us. I tell him "just a sec..let me put baby in his crib...", and Logan starts to cry REALLY LOUD, and I have to sit back down for fear that he'll wake Lance back up.

Sittting there was not a bad thing. I had Lance in my arms, and Logan curled up next to me. I get up, put Lance in his crib, and return to Logan. After a few minutes in my lap, he's out - or so I thought. Appearantly, ther eis an alarm button on his ass, cause as it hit his mattress, his eyes sprung open, and he started to cry that he didnt want to go to bed. SHIT. I tell him that I'll do whatever he wants, as long as he gets really quiet really quick - and does NOT WAKE UP THE BABY!!

Back on the couch now - he realizes that the tv is off. This is unacceptable. He starts to cry that it come back on . I tol dhim that I didnt pay the bill, and we ran out of tv for the night, bt he's too smart to buy that line.

At this point, the wife gets up to see what's going on. What's going on is that I've been trying to put the kids BACK to bed for the last hour! Not her fault...not anyones fault...but my problem to deal with. It's 1:15am, and I need a few things...to finish my blog entry, and to get some sleep , casue I KNOW that come 6:45am, they'll both be wide awake and so must daddy be as well.

Where the hell is that EASY button ..like on the TV commercial .

Ok - it just hit me - stop bitching about this and go to bed. But you see, Logan wanted to lay down with the wife. The steps from the upstairs coem down into the master bedroom. That means that in about 2 minutes, as I go down the steps and around the corner, odds are about 60% that Logan will hear this (even though my steps are as light as the wings of a dragonfly ---Kung Fu joke).
AUAUAUGHGHGHH I need a day off. I need a day of making money from WORK. I need a day that the kids go to bed and stay asleep until around 9am of the following mourning.

Shannon

ps. My 5th year anniversary is coming up on the 21st of this month. I asked the wife "Besides a new husband, what would you like for our anniversary". She said that she wanted her spice rack mounted above the stove in the kitchen. She then asked "What would you like?". I just replied..."Nothing. Just don't kill me in my sleep".

2 Comments:

  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Chip said…

    ahh, the joys of sleeplessness. Rest assured that one day in the not so distant future you'll be struggling to get them to wake up, to get them out of bed in time for school. And you yourself will actually be getting some serious and uninterrupted sleep. In the meantime, though, good luck. We survived it, you will too. And your kids are really lucky to have such a great dad! I hope you're saving all these posts for them to read when they get older.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Idaho Dad said…

    Shannon, even though I can feel your pain, that was really funny... I laughed out loud a couple of times, probably because I remember "juggling" the kids in and out of beds and couches. I remember laying with a kid on my chest, surfing through TV channels at 2 in the morning. Oh, and how can kids sleep so soundly in one place, like on me or in the car seat, and then they're wide awake in another place, like their own darn bed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter