Adventures of Darth Daddy

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Good, the Bad...at least no ugly

Rocky day today with Logan. It didnt help that I got very little sleep last night. I fell asleep on the couch, and got woken up by a crying Logan. When I asked what was wrong, he kept saying "Momma in other room". She was asleep in the bedroom, and I assured him that she was fine, he was fine, I was sleepy, so lets get you back to bed. I got him back into bed, and he started wailing. Turns out he had a pee pee accident. I take him potty, get him new underwear, and take him back to bed. He finally stops wimpering and crying, just as the friggin dog desides to start barking outside their window. This wakes up Lance, who stands up in his crib, and starts screaming. Now, there's decisions to make. Soothing the baby will be no good until the dog is silenced. Logan waking back up goes without saying. So, outside I go to silence the dog. The dog appearently was tipped of to my anger by the fire shooting out of my ears, and ran like hell. Explained the situation to her, came back in and tried to deal with the kids. Logan went back down ok, but Lance thought it was time to audition for the role of "pain in the ass crying baby". Calming him was hard, and when I finally did, he wouldn't go back to sleep. I tried desperately to explain to himthat daddy needed sleep (AND that there was nothing on tv to watch). He didn't buy it. After what seemed like forever, the wife appears and takes he baby to bed with her. He fussed for a while, then went to sleep.

Today, Logan seemed to set me of very easily. I load them up to go for gas and lunch. Im pumping gas and hear a banging - then the baby cries. I open the door to find Logan bashing a large plastic key ring toy into the baby's carseat. Later, Logan popped Lance in the head with a plastic sword (that is now on the front lawn after it got flung out the front door). He hit the cat, made Lance cry a few more times, and got onmy last nerve.

The wife wasn't home more than 15 minutes before SHE sent him to his room for something.

Later, (after 3 hours of not needing to be isolated in his room) I took him for a bike ride.

Let's hope tomorrow is better.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Idaho Dad said…

    The dog appearently was tipped of to my anger by the fire shooting out of my ears, and ran like hell.

    That's funny... We have a cat like that who will walk around in the middle of the night yowling like a coyote. He sees me coming and can apparently read my mind which is filled with visions of stranglings cats. He not only runs away, but he hides for hours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter