Adventures of Darth Daddy

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Fast entry

Martial arts Stuff:

Ok...a haiku over at TOTAL KARATE , combined with being stood up by my workout partner Monday, AND having a suck workout, inspired the following from me:

Gaze around dojo
See only children playing
God my dojo sucks


Famliy news: I have laughingly confronted my wife, and now refer to her as "Alien wife". I explained how she has been treating me like a moron, and somethings need to change. I repreated the converstaion to a brick wall as well.....time will tell which one was listening.

LANCE: Little cutie is all over the place. Even large beanbags, crockodile stufed animals, and big toys will not stop him when he decides to travel in a particular direction. Still spouting Bubba, Mama, and Abba. And he can clap his little heart out. Only problem is, when he sees you clap, he gets all happy, and starts clapping too...but he loses his balance, and will fall over (if he was using his hands to hold himself up before clapping.)

LOGAN: Such a good big brother. He laughs, sings, and dances...we call it "The Logan Show". It's Lance's (and my) favorite station!!


More dojo stuff: In contrast to Monday, Tuesday held a decent Iaido practice. We reviewed 2 forms: Ippon Mae Maya (sp?) dachi waza, and Ten To (heaven sword). I have practiced (mostly in my head), but of course, not as much as I really should have. Anyways, everyone was doing parts differently. I stuck with what I was doing...figuring that Id be corrected if doing it wrong. Turns out, I was the only one doing it right. Sweet feeling. He never pointed me out as having done it right, but watching his correct everyone else until they did it the same was I was boosted my "feel good" points.
To further my ego trip, after class, a brown belt wanted some extra help. The instructor helped a bit, and then needed to attend other things...so he asked me if I could help him out . Me! "Been doing this about 2 months " me. Made me feel conident that he trusted me enough to not screw up this poor guy by showing him all the wrong moves.
They are having a seminar/clinic on saturday (only $10) from 9am-4:30pm. I am going to attend, but with a camcorder. If I participate, I will learn 10 new things, and forget 9 of them by the time I get home. If I vidotape it...I can always play it back. Also, when they have 2 or 3 groups going on at the same time, it will be easier for me to leave one to observe another (dont think they'd appreaciate you just walking off from one to another if you are in uniform, and supposed to be playing along. We'll see if I get any good video to post here. Im interested to get some kata on tape, although I'm not a big kata fan anymore (that's an entirely long blog topic for me).

Well, off to the kitchen for a late night snack. Oh, btw, Im down from my original weight of 140pounds to.......drum roll please...........................125 pounds. (yeay me!)

Shannon

4 Comments:

  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Funny, I started beubg a SAHD at 140, now, thanks to snack 12 x's a day, I push 160.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    BTW I have no clue whay the hell I meant when I typed "beubg".

    Surely it was the wireless keyboard's fault...

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Darth Daddy said…

    "Being"....I underrstand, Mike. You can blame the keyboard.. but wee rilly kno its Youseir errer.hehe

    Shannon

    160, huh? One day..I will be that weight again.....it may be 3 months afte rthey bury me, but I WILL be that weight again!

     
  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger Ken said…

    Hey, please tell me you haven't given me up because my wife is, well, a little..... blunt. She's harmless. Really. I am sorry if she offended you. Come on back. We're having a blast. Well, not really. Hope to see ya.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter