Adventures of Darth Daddy

Sunday, September 11, 2005

9-11-05

Our church picnic was today. It was nice, but there was a serious lack of planning. No games, no events, no music. It was held at a military base, and was a 20 minute drive (or more) to get to from our house. If they had picked a local park, I could have hooked them up with a moonwalk, dj setup for music, and maybe organize some games (and at least dollar store prizes for the kids - even though there were only about 10 kids total.)

Notable today was that Lance , who will be 1 year old at the end of the month, "stood" for the first time! He is cruising, and tonight, he took his hands away from the table he was using for support, and stood. It was only for about 2 or 3 seconds, but it was the first! Im very proud!

Logan had a blast today at the picnic. Open space to run around, playground, and lots of dirt to get into. Between the dirt he played in, and the cookie/brownie he devoured / wore, he was quite a sight. The wife said that they were so dirty that they left a ring around the tub tonight.

Still feeling a bit like the outsider at the church. The goal is to get the kids baptised, and a date has been set for the end of October. Not sure what my plan will be after getting them baptised. I imagine we'll still attend, but the social aspect of it is bleek. Specially for poor Logan. Not a lot of kids - and mostly girls. The nearest boy (in age) is around 10 years old. There are 3 or 4 girls that he can play with, but that is turning bad already. The oldest is a real pain in the ass. The younger girls are fine with Logan unless the older girl is around. The older one excludes Logan, and turns the others against him. I thought a shoving match was going to end up with someone pushed off of the playset today.

Not sure what's gotten into the wife, but she's actually been nice to me. To be honest, she's been nicer to me the last 3 days than she has in the last 3 months. I wonder if it's that she's finally back at work, or that she hasn't replaced that patch-birth control sticker yet. Hard to tell if she's a bitch because of being hormonally altered, or if those horns are but a permanent part of her persona now. Guess I'll ride the niceness out while it lasts.

Because of a lack of martial arts at the moment, (martial arts blog)
I decided to check out a yoga class at the local YMCA. Damn, what a waste of time that was. Though tI was actually making progress at one point. About 30 minutes into it, we layed down on our backs, and relaxed at bit. There was soft music playing - the whoooosh of the air conditioner - --and low lighting. All of a sudden, although very softly, a cute brunette got up and walked over to me. After intros, we stood there smiling at each other. There were some small boys running around, so we sent them for hotdogs. I was getting hungry, and the hot dog cart had not come by yet. Just as the kids return with the fiid, and Im making progress impressing my new found lady friend, I hear this voice say "Let's draw our attention to our left side, and pull the knee in to our middle". I realized that I had fallen asleep. Only our for a few minutes---good thing I didnt snore! Sucked about the hotdogs though - I really was hungry.

Well, got to head off to bed.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Idaho Dad said…

    My wife tells me I snore like a chainsaw, so a yoga class would be out for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter