Adventures of Darth Daddy

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Fantastic day for Darth Logan

No fever - no sickness - just a little cranky.  My back is getting better, even the toothache eased up.  I took Logan out today for a McDonalds run.  It still amazes me that he can devour his own cheeseburger.  This is the same child that I made formula in a bottle for, and now he's mooching my french fries!

Trip to the dentist today revealed that I need a root canal, filling, and a crown  (all on the same tooth).  Total cost :$1,300.  Total out of pocket with insurance :$500.  A lot less, but sure would be nice if more was covered.  I guess when the pain in the tooth stops, the pain in the wallet starts, to compensate.

Haven't answered many work calls - been taking it easy last few days.  Also haven't worked on hearse lately.  Gotta get that goin soon - Darth Unborn is on the way soon.  Only 2 more months (or so) to go! 
I get a twinge of fear now and again at going to be a SAHD (Stay At Home Dad) with an infant AND a toddler. Most of the time, recently, that twinge is just a pinched never cause of the backpain.  But when it's not - wooboy.  I thought that being a first time daddy was hard - the next phase is going to require juggling abilty of epic proportion!  Strange, when I think of it, that Im alrady thinking past the delivery and the "Wife is home with the baby" phase, and jumping right into the "on our own" part.  I guess everyone has a favorite part of a movie- nothing wrong with skipping right to that scene.

Well, that's it for now.  Darth Logan has acheived room temterature - and all is well in the "looneyverse".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter