Adventures of Darth Daddy

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

And I thought YESTERDAY was bad....

The baby's fever broke at about 3 am Monday night.  He woke up with energy for both of us.  Wanted to drink , and eat, and play , and watch The Wigles and Babar. So we let him do his thing for a while..we were just to happy that he was feeling better. He fell asleep on the livingroom couch, so I just crashed on the floor below him.  I even put down the large cushions from the other sof to lay on.  OH MY GOD!  When we woke up this morning, he still had a slight fever, but I couldn't move.  I tried to stand up, but pain shot thru my lower back and I dropped back to the ground. Even crawling was painful.  It got better as the day went on, but still aches a bit.  I've never been in so much pain that I actualy yelled out (in pain, not in joy) when I got to my feet. Good thing the wife was home to help with Logan! 
Took him to the Dr. office - they tested his blood and said it was a viral infection.  Expect fevers for about 2-3 more days. That sounds ok, except when you have to look at how pathetic your child looks just melting into your arms.  He got so bad at one point ( temp as 104) that he was almost too hot to hold.  ANd you cant do anything for him - cept Tyleonol, Motrin, an occastional bath, and wiping him down with a cold washrag (which really upset him).  FINALLY, after a few hours of dangerously high temps, the fever broke, and he started to come around.  I had to go to the drug store for more meds for him, and the whole time I'm thinking "Don't let anything bad happen while I'm out".  I dont want it to happen while Im home either, but Id feel twice as bad if something happened while I wasn't home.

So - here it is - almost 1am - the baby is asleep ( got to check on him as soon as I post this), the wife and unborn are alseep, and Im wide awake with a nagging backache that seemed to shout today "Guess what ?!  YOUR OLD!!"  Good thing I didnt sign that contract with the martial arts place (yet).  Im almost afraid to go to sleep - at least now I can get up and walk.   I've had a kidney stone before, and it was pretty bad.  But this backache comes in a very strong second. And with all Ive done in my life, that really says something.
Good night all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter