Adventures of Darth Daddy

Saturday, October 14, 2006

a thousand pardons

I got the system up and running without too much trouble. Although time consuming, it was for the best. I had been fighting with it for months now, and new that a reinstall was enevitable. Windows starts faster now, and I was able to take a closer look at programs that were cluttering up the hard drive, but never got used. I hunted down several EXE files, and after it didnt start up (meaning that a reinstall was required), I booted the folder.

Anyways, things have been going smoothly.

Logan: Still at the preskool we signed him up at. I'd like to find another one, just haven't had the time. Nothing terribly wrong with the one he's at, just a bit pricey (and we'd prefer a 3 day a week one instead of a 5 day a week one).

Lance: Seem that he grew up overnight. He's taken to singing now. And It finally hit me the other day just WHAT he was singing. I'd start singing E_I_E_I_O, and he'd reply "WEE UUW wee uuw". Just last week, his brother was walking throught the house singing "We will, we will ROCK YOU", and Lance started singing along. His WEE UUW corresponded to WE WILL.


Starting to get ready for Halloween. I got trinkets from last year (after holiday sales) as well as little Pladoh containers to hand out. Jsut not sure what to dress up like. It was so much easier when I didn't have to worry about being able to manage the kids as well. (MY kids). I've been Sully from Monsters Inc the last 2 years. It's a nice blend of "Scarey if I wanna be", with "Soft and fuzzy for the little ones if they are too scared." Maybe I'll break my Darth Vader costume outta mothballs. I've been tinkering with a better voice amplifier. I've also created a looping mp3 of Vader breathing, that can be wired inside the helmet. We'll see. I'm just waiting for someone at the boys preskool (or at the dojo) to say that Darth Vader isn't appropriate. I'll remind them that he is the parton saint of our family (hehe).

My plates for the truck arrived - I've wrestled with whether or not to post them. I do have a fear or some ass hole tracking me down by using them, but hell - there's enough on here that anyone could use already. For my customized plated, I chose:

SITH DAD

Well, off to cruise the internet a bit. Looking for good ideas for the next kids karate night.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    Pladoh? Brillant giveaway. We always struggle with what to give out and that is a great idea. I may have to copy you on that one.

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Awesome plates! Let's just hope they don't find SITH to be an acronym for something in the near future.

    I have your typical generic tags with the 3 letters and 3 numbers. FNA 420 seems quite twisted to me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter