Adventures of Darth Daddy

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th of July

I'd have to say that this was the most bla 4th ever. We did the "picnic with her stroller group" thing, so the kids at least had a good time, but they both fell asleep around 7pm, which means no fireworks this year. I'll bet that Logan would have watched about 15 seconds of them, before yelling that he wanted to go home, but still - it would have been nice.

I traded in 2 mowers (I felt obligated to keep the 22in Murray I spoke of earlier) on a new (used) 4 hp one. So far, it kicks much ass. I'll post a pic of it if I can get downstairs to the camera tonight. The old guy I bought it from only wanted $35 for it - AND was nice enough to give me a primer bulb and a gas tank for the one I'm trying to repair. I started to haggle with him, and confused him when I kept going UP in price. "I know that we agreed on $35, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind taking $40 for it." I gave him the $40 -after all, he did give me some free stuff that would have cost me a bunch to buy new - so $5 extra was the least I could do.

CAR REPAIR: Fortunately, not my own. Mom complained about her car acting really bad, and wanted me to replace her spark plugs and wires. She bought em - I was replacing them, when I found a major vacumme leak. 2 hours and $20 later, I had the vacumme leak repaired, a new part installed, and 4 of the 8 spark plugs (and wires) installed. I told her I'd get the other 4 plugs another day. It was very hot, and gettign late.

A friend of mine, who insists on having his birthday parties at local yuppy bars - on Saturday night, with no reservations (I can't take the cigarette smoke), has tol dme that he forgives me for not attending this years party. "And, oh by the way , can you replace the brakes on my car for me?" If it weren't for the fact that I really honestly think that he is mentally delayed, I'd have told him to kiss me non-smoking ass. (BTW- he doesn't smoke either - just is a complete moron about plannign events). So, 10:30am tomorrow, he'll be gettign new brakes, and I'll be getting a free lunch shortly thereafter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter