Adventures of Darth Daddy

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I just got screwed - at MACH SPEED

Back in December (05), I purchased a motherboard/cpu combo through TigerDirect.com . Both had additional mail in rebates, and the cpu one went thru without any trouble. I got to thinking the other day that I still hadn't received the rebate from Mach Speed (maker of the motherboard - P4M800).

I contacted their rebate department, and received the following reply:


Date: 14 June 2006 21:22
Cindy
Staff
Subject: No Subject

Valued Customer,

First of all we would like to thank you for your recent purchase from our Mach Speed product line. If you should have problems with the product that you have purchased, please feel free to contact our technical support staff.

We were able to find your rebate application, and it appears that you were declined due to the declination codes listed at the bottom of this email.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Once again thank you for purchasing a Mach Speed product. Please remember that we have the only Motherboard with a Lifetime Warranty.



B = Businesses are not eligible for rebates as it states on the rebate form.

The rebate was purchased in a business name, A Magic moment, This disqualifies the product for rebate as per the terms and conditions on the rebate form.

Kind Regards,

MST Rebate Dept Customer Service



Aint that a bitch?! They never sent a "Sorry, your fucked" postcard OR email. The rebate form never said shit about companies being ineligible for the rebate.

When I made the order with TigerDirect, it asked for "company name". I still am sole proprietor of my at home company (although mostly in name - I haven't had much work due to the kids). I could have just as easily not listed a company name, but I did. I always add the company name (It's a web site), so that I am providing an additional means of contact in the case of a problem.

My advice - stay clear of MACH SPEED. While the mobo is pretty decent, being fucked out of a $40 rebate like this is bullshit. If I had known this was going to happen, I would have bought an ABIT mobo instead. At least THEY allow you to deactivate the onboard video.


MACH SPEED SUCKS!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Margaret said…

    $40 would be nice to have back!

    Live and learn I suppose. I have some things that I order under the Business name because they only sell wholesale to businesses for resale.

    Then of course, there is the tax deductions.

    But every so often, I must buy something personally because of issues like this. "Vacumn cleaners" for example. Ding-a-lings feel that using a vacumn in your home office constitutes commercial use and voids their warranty!

    Ugh!

    -Margie

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear about your experience. I too just learned a $10 lesson about Mach Speed. It seems that their final postmark date was set for 12-26-07 on a Trio MP3 player. Kind of sucks when that players is a gift that doesn't get opened until after Christmas, eh?

    Stay far away from Mach Speed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter