Adventures of Darth Daddy

Sunday, April 02, 2006

A full day

The inlaws were busy today, so instead of the wife takign off with the kids, they stayed home. It was just as well. In the morning, after eating breakfast at home, I took Logan to his first Gun Show. He liked all the guns and knives and "army man" stuff, but he was too short to really see into the many display cabinets that they had on the tables. So for most of the time we were there, I had him up on my shoulders. I bought him a camo hat, and a bb gun. Well, HE doesn't know it's a bb gun - he just thinks it's a plastic play gun that's 'his' size. It's one of those 'air soft" ones, and was only $3. Actually was the neatest thing that was the least expensive to get for him. I just made sure to duck the bb's when I opened the box for him, and he's none the wiser.

We left the gun show in search of lunch, when the wife called and said that my mom wanted to take us fo rlunch. So we came home, met up, and all drove off to Logan's Roadhouse for lunch. Our meal was pretty good - after they finished unfucking it. Luke warm fries - seasoning on them when I asked for no seasoning. Mayo for the burger that arrived half way after it was eaten. The last few times we've eaten there, it's really not been a great experience. THey even told us that they coulnd't find any stickers for Logan. Lame.

After lunch, we came home and played/dug up the back yard. I'm running plumbing pies from our garage to the existing exit port to the sewer. Bought all the connectors to do it, but the pipe was too small. Went back to Home Depot (Lowes was cheaper, but I had a giftcard), and found that the pieces that actually fit the pipe I alread had were MUCH cheaper than the ones I already bought. So, I bought all the pieces again, but in the cheaper stuff. What cost me $41 now cost me $14. And they even fit the pipe I had at home. Now I just have to return all the more expensive pieces.

Came home, and decided that we needed something for dinner. Logan took a bath whiel I made a quick run to Little Ceasers for pizza.

That's about it - OH, but I DID get a chance to watch Memoirs of a Geisha. Pretty good movie. I recommend it.

Shannon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter