Adventures of Darth Daddy

Monday, March 20, 2006

Getting better

I tried to post the othe rnight, but Blogger had some isues, and wouldn't let me. It also wouldn't let me access any of the blogs I read that were also on Blogger. It did, however, let me access my martial arts blog. Weird.

The P-numonia and the flu are gone. I have remnants of the bronchitus still lingering. I'm drinking water, and having "productive" coughing, so I guess it's just a matter of time.

I went back to aikido class tonight - no major coughing boughts, just an annoying runny nose. Felt good to get back into the swing of things..


Let's see - the kids are well, as is the wife. The weather is still cool, so our daytime outings have been limited to the Ymca, or a fast shopping trip to the Walmart for snacks.

Guess that's about it for now, cept that I still havent received any word from my old dojo. I sent them a letter requesting a signed letter from them, saying that I was released from the contract. I think I will draft another one, and give them a deadline, after which I'll file suit against them. I shoulda never agreed to mediation. I got fucked. I shoulda walked outta that meeting with some financial compensation, at at minimum, a letter releasing me from the contract. If anyone reading this ever has to deal with mediation in a civil case, make sure that you bring friends...someone to sit in the background, not involved in the conversation, that can give you an overview of what's going on... with your best interests in mind. Or at least take a potty break to mull things over. Woulda helped me a bunch.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Hi Darth...I came across your blog after searching for blogs about parenthood, specifically fatherhood...I was particularly fond of your "about me" description and love the Darth Daddy title. I guess I am just looking for other Dads who are going through the same crazy shit that I am...Feel free to check out my blog. Thanks.

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger jen said…

    Mediation is crap. It's what they make parties do to try and weed them out of the court system. You know, courts are clogged. We got to get some cases gone somehow. That was the invention of mediation. Get some kids fresh out of law school to sit the parties down and try to make them go away. Good for courts, bad for people with claims.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter