Adventures of Darth Daddy

Thursday, February 15, 2007

stranded

COX cut off out tv cable and internet. We were behind on the bill, and even though they INSIST on confirming your primary and back up phone numbers when you call them , the fuckers didn't bother to use either one of them to tell us that a cut off date had been chosen.

Ok - I wrote the above at around 2pm, sitting in my truck, thanks to the wifi I was able to access from the playground down the street. Now, it's 1am, and Im online thanks to a free trial of dial up.

I have found hell - and it is dial up.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Oda Daddy said…

    Ooo, I remember that Dial-up thing. I used to spend hours making diner while I downloaded some crappy page that I ended up not wanting to see. When we got DSL I din't know what to do with all of my free time.

    Hope you're back up soon.

    -OD

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Dial up is Painful!!!

    Do you have BellSouth? They have a decent speed DSL Lite that is about $14.95 and not so bad.

    Our cable bill is killing us month to month. We just did one of those Nielson TV Diaries and I was so disgusted after a week. We have basic cable and I'm paying about $2/hr for the little tv that we watch.

    Someone told me that if we dropped the cable TV and just get the internet we can still split the cable and get Basic anyway. I doubt it. I bet they have a filter or something to stop that.

    Then, also - if you get their cheapy deal with just public channels 2-13 they'll give you a box to filter out the rest. Hehe, ditch the box.

    I so hate the cable company, and wonder if it will still cost them $103 to string their wire over my house when I go DSL and Satellite.

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Sign up for a free keyword and stat search at www.statcounter.com

    They'll give you a little code snippet that can be invisible if you'd like (mine is) that will give you all sorts of free statistics on your blog and how new visitors found you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter