Adventures of Darth Daddy

Thursday, June 01, 2006

I got tagged! Sweeet!

Four places I want to take my kids on vacation:
1. Canada
2. Alaska
3. Australia
4. Japan / China

Four movies I could watch over and over with my kids:
1. Homeward Bound
2. The Karate Kid
3. Star Wars
4. Rush Hour (1 or 2)

Four TV shows I love to watch with my kids:
1. Blue Clues
2. Scooby-Doo
3. Teletubbies
4. Cops

Four restaurants I like to go to with my kids:
1. Ghengis Khan Mongolian BBQ
2. Chick-fil-a
3. Fazolies
4. Long John Silvers (The "Pirate Man House" - gotta love those hats!!)

Four things I want my kids to be good at:
1. Self Expression
2. Music
3. Empathy
4. Martial Arts

Four websites I visit daily:
1. Ebay
2. Yahoo (for email)
3. Aikiweb
4. My own blog - just to see if it's still there!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Darth Daddy said…

    I gotta admit, I might be the worlds biggest hard ass when it comes to "people in strife" situations, but if it involves animals, children, or good vs evil, I tend to get a bit tearful.

    Not only do I start to cry when watching Homeward Bound, but what gets me even more is that I have to explain the movie to my 3 yr old. Ex: When the ol ddog is trapped down the hole, and the others come down to stay with him - havin to put that into words that a 3 yr old can understand - and take something away with him - touches me.

    "He's very tired and old. And has bad booboos. But the other doggie and kitty are his friends, so that won't leave him. Friends stick together, and help. Just like when baby brother needs help, we always help him. Just like when you need help - dada will always be right there beside you."
    (short pause)
    "Dada - why you cry?"

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Idaho Dad said…

    I've seen Homeward Bound about 20 times over the past five years, and the scene that ALWAYS gets me is when Shadow runs to the search party to lead them to the little girl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter