Adventures of Darth Daddy

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Will Smith, Johnny Cash, my son, and a restroom at Silver Diner

Intersting mental chain happened today.

My son LOVES the movie Men in Black. He also really really likes Will Smith. Yesterday, I was working in the yard, and put "Gettin Jiggy with it" on, and we all danced around while it played.

Today, he asked to watch "I, Robot" for our "rest time" movie.

THis evening, we went to the Silver Diner for dinner. He said he had to go potty, so I took him. As he was sitting on the throne, I heard "Ring of Fire" playing over the speakers. I started to sing along...

"I fell into a buring ring of fire - I went down down down - but the flames went higher..."

Logan: Is that a "Men in Black" song, dada?

Me: No baby - it by a man named Johhny Cash, not by Will Smith.

Logan : You sure it not Men In Black song, dada?

So I thought a minute - it was not in the movie, or any ad campaign/commercial, but I was able to make a connection:

Johnny Cash was called the Man In Black. So, that kind makes his songs "Men in Black" songs, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter