Adventures of Darth Daddy

Sunday, February 19, 2006

A minor setback

Kinda strange that with days of my filing a counterclaim against my old dojo, I receive notice that they have requested a continuance (due to a scheduling conflict). Their note states that they have been in contact with their attroney, and will advise me when possible.


Truly a matter of schedule conflict?

A strategic retreat to re-examine what they are dealing with?

Just screwing with me?

Got them scared?

I plan to call the court on Monday and see about objecting to their continuance. If they want to sue me, let em bring their ass to court on the day they are supposed to. It's not like they haven't known (considering they filed in early Jan or so) Just a day or two ago notified me - by email. Im glad that the sherrif's office serves an additional warrent, or else this would have come straigh tout of left field. Imagine, being notifed by email that you are being sued - but not given a court date or any further information. When the deputy issued the warrant, he said "This is just a backup - you've probably recieved the other one in the mail by now".

Not!

No matter - what I have to say will not be effected by any length of time that they drag this out. I just gotta remember (on Monday) to mail THEM the copy of THEIR summons (by registered mail via USPS).

If anyone is fluent in either battling corrupt martial art dojos, or would like to give any pointers about evidence submission or relative topics (in civil court), please don't leave comments - rather email me off list. Since they have an attorney, chances are they are reading along with you.

I may not have had many jobs since becoming an at home dad - but I'm still a magician - I still have a rabbit up my hat, and a few aces up my sleeves.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just tell them you're a stay at home dad, and that you take care of children all day. That alone qualifies you as someone with tons of patience who is willing to see this through.

    - Jon
    - Daddy Detective
    - www.daddydetective.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter