Adventures of Darth Daddy

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Addition to my last post

I shoudl mention that whateve the hell is "going around" need to stop going around. Im talking about this friggin virus that has kids from coast to coast in its clutches. Lance is recovering pretty well (but still being medicated with cough and cold medicine), but Logan was finally put on antibiotics because he just wasnt responding to the cold medicine.

Logan: Now that we have good medicine, he has decided that medicine is punishment, and he'd rather kick the shit out of me than to simply take a few sips of bubblegum flavored medicine. And don't even try that "slip the med in the drink" shit with him - he'll know - and refuse to drink the rest of the day.

Lance: A few days, he woke up with his eyes crusted shut. Eye boogers so bad that he actually couldn't get his lids to seperate. The last few days were ok - not so much eye boogers
, but still present. No sign of pink eye.

BOTH KIDS: Have (off and on) runny noses - and what sounds like an upper respiratory infection. Although, even with 3 trips to the DR, and them using a stethescope - they say "he sounds pretty clear". Last time a dr told me that, I told her "Oh hell no - you go get another one of those things, and try again. Either that ones broke, or your deaf."

ME: Ive been slow to get it, but its finally hit me hard. I have a runny nose, and think a mucus factory has taken residency in my chest. Im better at night (except for this damn night time cough), but overnight, the mucus strikes back and recoats my inside with that nasty yellow glue.

I gave up on Tylenol and switched to the Equate (Walmart brand) Nighttime Cough a
nd Cold medicine - Gooood stuff. It does say nighttime on it - it doesn't say anything about it causing drowsiness - but it does. Oh yeah - an hour after taking it, and Im drifting away. Which kinda sucked last night, when I REALLY needed to take it, but the kids were taking turn waking up - with about 15 minute intervals between. I was afraid tat If I took the med, I wouldn't wake up to get the next screaming, crying kicking kid. Not an entirely bad thought, mind you, but I have to tend the flock at night so the wife can get sleep. After all, she's the one with the job that pays in money. And there's a saying "If Momma aint happy - AINT NOBODY happy!"

1 Comments:

  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger jen said…

    I hope everyone feels better soon, Shannon. I caught a stomach virus. There's some bad stuff going around. Hang in there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter