Adventures of Darth Daddy

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Here's the first clue

I was planning on making subtle little hints about the wife being pregnant, but then I got overwhelmed with life and didn't get to post.


A few posts back, here was the first one - I figured I'd repost it, cause I'm so proud of how I worded it...

ABOUT BEING LATE:

Ok - maybe I shoulda put this one first. Before I left for the seminar, I made sure I packed things and pretty much knew where everything was. I had lots to do. Had to pick up 2 other people, had to travel 250 miles, had to practice, had to make sure my house was in order. All things that required time precision. I did not want to be late on any task. Not late to pick peopl up - not late to arrive at the seminar. The night before the trip I was informed by the wife that no matter how early my departure was going to be, we were already late. Then she told me a one liner that proved it.

ONE LINER - get it? A pregnance test!



Back to reality...

Went to church again tonight. Haven't been in a while. I've been taking Logan with me, and he's SOOOO much more managable at 4 yrs old than he was at 2 or 3. Last week, the wife had a girls
night out on Saturday, so I dared to take BOTH boys with me to church, and all went pretty damn well. I did plan well, and brought crayons, a coloring book, and a shitload of cheerios!

I've started to fill in on the closing portion of the karate class. Each class ends with all the students gathering around, hearing a selected bible verse, a lecture(or discussion) on it's interpretation. We allow time to individual prayer requests, then say a short prayer to end the class. Nothing too preachy, specially from me. I like the way I've been able to select bible verses that relate to martial arts training, but aren't so preachy that I feel like a priest on a pulpit.
(And if you're wondering...yes, Jesus WAS a black belt. You don't think all the money changers tables in the temple turned themselves over, do ya?)

There was a beautiful
LUNAR ECLIPSE tonight. When we left church, the moon was a crescent - when we got home, it was half, before the boy laid down to sleep it was 3/4, and now it's full again.

Well, that's about it for now. If I think of anything else, I'll be back tonight....


2 Comments:

  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Weeeee! Congratulations! (passing cigars around the Blogosphere) That is wonderful news.

    I'm hoping you have a girl to even out the score and testosterone over there. Hehehe! You're all in our prayers.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Philip said…

    Congratulations!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter