Adventures of Darth Daddy

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Some "goings on" from the comment section

Let me bring everyone up to speed -

  • At 11:33 PM, KC said…

    Take it easy guys. The comment wasn't so awful, but of course it made you mad since it used the phrase White Trash and it criticized your parenting.

    I think there was a small point to be made, but when strangers make it we find ourselves rather defensive.

  • At 11:19 AM, Darth Daddy said…

    Hold on...

    This is almost like when someone says "Knock knock..." you feel obligated to follow up...

    Just what the hell is the "small point" to be made? That I write like white trash? Or that my kids are "suffering" and would be better off if I wasn't around??

    As for "starngers making points", if anyone else (a friend, a family member, or clergy) were to say such an insultive brainless remark, I'd tell them to kiss my ass as well.

    But seriously - exactly what "small point" were you refering to?

  • At 2:40 PM, KC said…

    Attacking the messenger and not the message isn't a way to get people to post on your blog. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

    I think all the profanity you put in writing is the lightning rod here. If you were grumpy without being profane and all "I'm gonna kick yer ass" with the attitude, you'd come across a little differently.

New stuff:

Well Keith, people with overly critical and insultive comments about my parenting style, my impact on my kids lives, my marital situation, or my socio-economic status are actually NOT encouraged or welcomed to comment on my little slice of the internet.

I think that those people who joined me in condeming the asshole remark that was left were, in fact showing empathy- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathy It's a means for friends to show that they understand what you are feeling, and that they are supportive of you.

As for my profanity and "aggressive" style, that's me. That's why the blog name is in reference to the dark side of the force (DUH!). If I wanted to express myself with flowers and rainbows I'd have named the fucking blog "The Adventures of Unicorn and Sunshine Daddy".

Jeeeeeeez

2 Comments:

  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger jen said…

    "The Adventures of Unicorn and Sunshine Daddy" (haha) - if this was the title of this blog, I wouldn't be reading any more. I'm not looking to add a "spoonful of sugar" to my blog reading time.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Oh gawd, I'm flashing back to that music video of "happy smiling people" jumping out of that Partridge family van style bus.

    Don't scare me like that Darth Daddio!

    -Margie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter