Adventures of Darth Daddy

Friday, July 14, 2006

Almost a whole week- where'd the time go?

I managed to do massive yardwork and housework last Sunday. Also managed to piss off my mom, by not calling her to work on her car some more. I should never have taken that picture of her engine compartment. Just thinking of it (the actual engine or the picture) makes me want to run and wash my hands. Because I "stood he rup" on Sunday, she showed up an hour late to our "make it up to her " lunch meeting on Monday. But it backfired, cause the kids and I had already eaten, had desert - and we ready to leave. Lance needed a nap, and we left about 2 minutes after she waltzed in the door.

I think that our love affair with Genghis Kahn Mongolian BBQ is over. Last week, they added $2.50 to the bill. No big deal. We asked about why, and they pointed out that Logan was tall enough (when compared to a piece of tape on their wall) to be charged a kids price. $2.50 is ok, so we didn't think anything of it. Then , a few days later, we went back for lunch, and they tacked on $3.95. When I asked about it, they said that lunch was $3.95, and dinner was $5.95 (for kids). I guess we shoudl consider ourselves lucky that they let us slide for so long without adding "kids" charges to the bill, but now this random "charge what the hell we feel like charging" has me a bit pissed off.

Baby Cow - Baby Cow - Chick---no wait, is that a cow?!

They say that necessity is the mother of invention. They also say that I am an attention freak, and (like my kids) crave being in the spot light. Chickfila had a special promotion today. For today only, is was declared "Cow Appreaciation Day". If you wore something of a cow costume, they gave you 1 free food item. If you dressed from head to toe in a cow costume, they gave you a free combo meal. Ya'll know how we LOVE us some Chickfila, so we HAD to go. The baby had a dalmation costume already, so I made him a hat by glueing tussie paper to a dollar store hat (How's THAT for white trash??). For Logan, we hit up a thrift store, and got him a black bodysuit and a black puffy winter vest - also decorated them by glueing on tissue paper cow spots. They looked adorable. Then it was my turn, and I had nothing. I starting thinking back to all those damn cow costumes at Walmart after HAlloween, and thought "When the hell will I ever need a cow costume?!". THen the creative part took over. I had no COW costume, but I DID have a chicken suit. Chickfila. Chicken sandwiches - chicken costume..I GOT IT! I'll go as a Chicken - from head to toe - DISGUISED as a cow! Bought a white sheet of postboard and oversized glasses (dollar store)....add some scissors, a sharpie, some Googled "cow faces" pictures for quick reference - and VOILA! Off to the show we went! (And yes, I am wearing a full faced chicken mask under the cow mask)


























Lance was scared of the BIG cow mascot they have, but Logan jumped at the chance for a photo op.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    very cool, and the kids really do look so cute in their little costumes. And free food to boot!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Oda Daddy said…

    We found out about the "Cow Appreciation Day" a little too late. We're gearing up for next year though. You guys look great!

    -OD

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter