Adventures of Darth Daddy

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

YMCA - the bad and the maybe good

Sure - I bitch about the Y a bit - they DID after all try to boot me out of the play area. Today, the wife brought home one of the "Rules and stuff of the child watch program" flyers. Not sure how long it's been there, but one paragraph states that parents are welcomed and encouraged - no shit- to help out and volunteer with snacks or games. I guess by "parent", they just ment the female ones, cause LORD knows us guys (who arean't wearing a red shirt) scare the shit outta those soccer moms when we play games like "roll the ball", or "Sing the abc's" with their kids. That hispanic Chewbacca lookin bitch had some nerve trying to kick me out, and fiuring that I'd just roll over and take it.

Ok - Im under control again.

On to the "maybe good stuff"

I sent an email to someone (It was a generic mail link from their website) at the YMCA. I asked why it was that most (if not all) martial art programs are in "sessions" (most lasting 5-6 weeks), and that to take the classes, it's always an additional fee (usually $50-75). I figure, with how long I've trained, and the various arts I've taken, how about starting a martials arts class with me? Maybe just a kids class to start - 1 day a week - no fees - maybe in exchange for free membership. (I did not include that I was the irrate father from the attempted booting from a few months ago).

I received an email back, saying that my email was forwarded to the head of Youth Services, and maybe we can link up and come to some agreement.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger jen said…

    That's an awesome idea, Darth Daddy! I bet the kids would have so much fun in your class!

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Idaho Dad said…

    In almost every aspect of our society there is a double standard when it comes to moms and dads. I'm almost used to it, so am not shocked about things like what's happened at the Y. Just look at all the big-time national parenting magazines... Totally geared toward moms. Dads are an afterthought, not even really that sometimes.

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you'll appreciate this picture I took at our local mall.
    http://kev.homelinux.net/images/lounge.jpg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter