Adventures of Darth Daddy

Monday, July 17, 2006

An ear for music

I've always had musical talent. My wife, however, can't carry a tune in a bucket. We had always hoped the kids would take after me when it came to music. I think Logan has -and maybe may be better at it than me.

Logan really like things related to the new Disney cartoon CARS. (I refues to see any movies anymore, cause it's too much money - the dvd is always cheaper and has more stuff on it). Anyways, Logan started refering to a certain song as "The race car song". It was the Cure "Just like heaven". I didn't give it much thought - just figued that it didn't matter WHY he liked it, if he liked it I got to listen to it! Then, I loaded another cd with music, and he started calling another song "The Racecar song". It was Blodie singing "MARIA". We've been listening and singing these tunes for weeks now (one song is in MY car, the other in the wifes car).


Tonight, MARIA was stuck in my head as I popped in a cd in my car, and when JUST LIKE HEAVEN started, I'll be damned if it aint the EXACT same tune. Same beat and all. My boy recognized a beat pattern!!! Huray!!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Kinda like a couple of months ago when Logan referred to a Johnny Cash song as a "Men in Black" song? Damn - he is good with musical associations.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    By the way....I think our mystery animal is a coyote.

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Am I a bad parent that my 2 year old can pick out Red Hot Chili Pepper songs?
    "California... restin... peaccceeee"

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Besides messing up the lyrics fairly bad, Katie has really picked up on music. She was singing AC/DC "You shook me all night long" and we should have video taped it, her lyrics were hilarious. -Margie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter