Adventures of Darth Daddy

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Back to real world problems

The wife has had a weepy eye for 2 days . She thought it was allergy related, but today when she woke up, half her face was paralyzed. (Same side as the weeping eye). She didn't really notice how bad it was until she got to work. They sent her to the Dr's, where he ruled out allergies. He also ruled out "Bells Palsey"(sp?), which we've never heard of before. Appearently, BP only effects one side of yoru face, and her numbness had crossed over at her lower lip and her chin area.
The sent her to the hospital for an MRI, which came back negative (which ruled out stroke and anurism). AS the day went on, she started to regain partial feeling and control over the numb side of her face, but it's still there.

She had an appointment for Thursday to see a neurologist. When I mentioned her problem at sword class tonight, a woman said that it's probably Bells Palsey. She said (as also the wife was told at the drs office) that it's duration can last from a week to a month (and in some cases longer). Guess we'll have to wait and see what the neurologist has to say.


PROBLEM #2

Small, by comparison, but I've been seeing those tiny toilets that they use in daycares, and I think I want one for our house. I'm confident I can install it, but I can't find anywhere that sells one. I found only 1 online, and it was $300!! any ideas?

Shannon

1 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger jen said…

    Shannon, I hope the tiny toilet is for the tiny kids. ;)

    I hope your wife feels better soon!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter