Adventures of Darth Daddy

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Lance takes first steps

On saturday evening, we went over the inlaws. After a while of playing, Lance became the center of attention. He has been (for weeks now) standing up on his own, then either plopping down on his butt, or forward onto his hands and knees. Over and over again. We've (the wife and I) been tryign to get him to take those precious first steps. Exspecially when we're both together, so neither of us miss it.

The wife and MIL were tyring to encourage him, and he just kept plopping down. So I knelt beside him, got him to stand up ."You need to start walking, bubba". I took one foot in each of my hands (while he was standing), and made him take a step on each foot. "Now you do it".

And damn if he didn't. He took about 5 steps, and was laughing so hard that he plopped down. He stood back up, facing back towards me, and took a few more steps. The room errupted in applause.

One of the neatest things, besides that the wife and I were there for this event, was that Logan was there too. He has had a large part in helpign baby to walk. He's constantly grabbing poor little Lance from behind, and "making" him walk, while supporting him. As Lance was taking his second step, Logan was close by, and I started yelling "LOGAN, COME HERE! BABY'S WALKING ! BABY'S WALKING!" Logan got to me by the time Lance was on his 2nd or 3rd step, so he got to see it as well.


WEATHER NEWS: Had occasionsl snow flurries today. It's gotten rather cold too. Hi's in the 40's - lows in the 20's.

Dojo news: I have more news regarding the upcoming lawsuit from my former dojo. Not sure if they have tapped into this blog, so I'm afraid Im going to have to keep the rest of my card close to the vest. I will update when I can.



Thinkin stuff: Try not to pull your thinkin bone on these....just some things that have crossed my mind recently.

1. I believe that babies will primarily have the same blood type as the mother. In some cases (not as rare as I previously thought, so the wife tells me), the blood type will conflict, and a drug is necessary to make peace. WIthout this drug, the mothers body will perceive the fetus as a foreign invasion, and try to destroy it. With this in mind, when an egg is fertiled with sperm, and the fertilized egg is then placed in a surrogate , so they try to match the blood type of the biological mother and the surrogate mother?

2. In the case of a surrogate mother, when the fertilized egg was donated from both the fathers sperm and the mothers egg (not biologically connected to the surrogate), what effect/influence, with regards to race and ethnicity, does this have on a child? Has there ever been a black surrogate for a white family? If so, although this childs biological makeup is white (from white parents), can this child apply for college grants that are only for African Americans? After all, he CAN prove that he was "born" from a black mother.

Nothing racist - just whimsical thoughts on biology and such.

RANDOM STUFF:
Ok - there's a commerical for a new truck or suv or somethign like that. Starts off with a wife kissing her husband goodbye as he leaved the house. He walked to the edge of the yard, and DROPS like a brick - they live on a plataue. Parachute opens, and he floats down to the truck. I thinking:
1. How's he get back home? He cant drive up there - if he COULD, he'd have parked it up there in the first palce.
2. How long would it take me to get up that friggin cliff? The wife kinda does something fo rme. If we were lovers, would I have enough time to climb up before it was dark , and hubby was climbing up after work?

I saw a big sign ( in BIG LETTERS) on the back of a dump truck the other day - it read "DO NOT PUSH". Who the hell are they talking to ? The Incredible Hulk? Do they think I might feel the urge to "goose" it along at a stop light??

MEDICAL NEWS:

The kids and I are gettign better. Less green ooze fom our noses, but it's still there - so we're still takling medicine. Logan hates taking his. Lance loves it. Also, as far as attitude problems, Logan has really turned around from what I wrote in previous posts. Must have been all that sickness that had him on a short fuse. Not to say that it was ALL to be blamed on a cold, but the last days, he's been virtually no problem at all.

MISC:
I got an email from the author of a blog called Father Knows Jest. I've added a link on the right - please check him out.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Idaho Dad said…

    My son was so proud of his little sister when she took her first steps. But it didn't take long for him to be horrified by the thought that now she could get into his stuff so much easier!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter