Adventures of Darth Daddy

Saturday, February 04, 2006

In a bad place

Today was a great day. All went well for most of the day. It was a great temperature outside, so after meeting my mom for lunch (with both Darth babies in tow), and a return home for a nap, I planned on taking the kids to a park or at least on a bike ride.

For our afternoon movie (Naptime for Lance, and rest time for Logan and I), we watched Forrest GUmp. Logna loved it, expecially when Forrest is told to "RUN, Forrest... RUNNNN". I wanted to go somewhere after our rest where he could let loose and haul much ass. As we were gearing up to leave, the wife called and suggested we all go to Mt Trashmore (a local park with a BIG ASS HILL in the middle). It seemed perfect. I got the kids ready - she came home from work and picked us up. She had mentioned that her "stroller group" (a bunch of women who live locally and chat by email and phone on a Yahoo group) was going to be there. I didnt think much of it. She can take Lance in the stroller , and I can run around with Logan.

We get to the hill, and it turns out only one stroller friend is there. So she starts off on a stroller walk with her friend, with Logan and I in tow. WHen I saw the route they were planning to take, I suggested to Logan that we run up the hill, and catch them when they complete their loop aroudn the lake. He wanted to walk with momma. SO we followed. But the path (the loop aroudn the lake), starts off on a side walk next to the main road. I wanted him to hold my hand, and he threw a friggin fit. Screaming, yelling, kicking - calling me all sorts of growling nast names. SO I told him that he was going either to the hill with me, or gonna sit in the car. This sent him over the edge. He starts kicking the shit out of me, screaming , and telling me that he's a cop, and Im the bad guy - and he hates me. I had picked him up to transport him, and he screamed in my ear - so damn loud that I snatched him in front and covered his face with my hand before I knew I had done so. Scared me. I tried to calm him (I of course let his face go), tried to talk to him - he was sure that I was an asshole, and he wanted momma. So much for my taking pictures of my son bounding up the hill like Logan Gump. So much for our peacful day without any trouble. I confirmed with him that he wanted momma - and we walked to catch her. If he wanted her so Goddamned bad - he coudl have her - and she could have him.

She had doubles back when she saw we were in pursuit, and her and her friend returned to the parkign lot. On the way (as we all traveled to return to the parkign lot we started off in), we passed a playground that was under construction. I say "Under construction not out of a guess - but because of the BIG ASS 4 ft tall orange construction fencing surrounding it to keep people out. Into the center runs Logan. I figured it was her job to wrangle him - I was done. I was fuming too. My wife bailed on our group venture to the park - and my son turned on my like he actually knew my dark nature.

I told them to go on without me, I was going to the car. Got the keys - and sat there. A few minutes later, they (my family - the other woman had left) come to the car, and she tells me "Im taking them over to the playground". As they walked away, I realized that she meant that very same playground with the STAY THE FUCK OUT construction fencing. Not just that its a bad idea to play in there, but it could also be dangerous - if they are workign on stuff, that means stuff can break and hurt my kids. SO I get out of the car and start yelling at her. I try to reason, but am thinking "Where's your fuckin head?!"

They come back and say that they are going to walk up on the hill. At this point, they could have walked out in the lake for all I cared. I was so pissed off.

We went to Pizza Hutt afterwards, and then home. Havent said much to eithe rof them. (Poor Lance - I tried to make sure I played with him at meal, and didnt give him attitude.) I made Logan sit with the Emporess, and paid most attention to Lance. When we go thome, and it was Logans night time, he started crying askign me to come lay down with him. I refused. Felt bad about that, bt Im still pissy about what happened. I knwo that he loves his momma - and that he's only 3 - but this really put a whoopass on my feelings. I went from being a proud father to feelign like a shit on nanny.

Better not stay up too late - tomorrow I at least get a few hours of aloen time if I made my mouring aikido class.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger KC said…

    Boundary issues, bud. My kid will only get ONE chance to act like a banshee like yours did. The second time will bring down the Wrath of God.

    Good luck with that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter