Adventures of Darth Daddy

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Running

If only my cars ran an much as our noses are recently. Then again, in a way, I guess is does. Strange oozing fluid dripping or running out at ackward times.

Both the boys have a cold again. I hope it's not that friggin virus again. They have had mild temperatures - nothing that has alarmed me, or caused concern. I say temperatrue, but I really mean that I have been feeling their foreheads, and they have felt (off and on) slightly warm. A day ago (or so), the baby was very sleepy. He was alert - conscious - just didnt want to play much. He just wanted to be held and sleep (don't we all?).

Wednesday, at the Y, I got on the treadmill for some running. I saw that it had a preprogramed selection called "Firefighter training program". I gave it a try. 1 mile and my ass was kicked! I had only a small bit more to go, but I had to hit the STOP button like a sissy. I normally run 1-2 miles, with the elevation at 1. Speed usually is about 5 or 6. At the 1 mile mark, the incline was at 8, and the speed was at 6. Screw the stair stepper - Im trying this one again! It'll help when I don't have a stuffed up nose, and can breathe better.
* At one point, I was so damn tird - with sweat flying off of me, that I almost started swearing at the little flashign lights on the display. "Come on , you son of a bitch - dont just flash - ADVANCE!! Im runnin my ass off here!!"

Today was pretty non-eventful. Late wake up with the kids (cause everyone is sick). THere's always an ackward period around 10am. We're up - we want breakfast - but if we wait just 30 minutes, we can get LUNCH food from Chickfila, and not left over breakfast stuff. Today, we decided to drive REALLY slow, and take a tour of the entire Walmart/Kohls/Chickfila parking lot. Got home with some delicious Chickfina food, then held the baby while he napped. Logan had different ideas, and kept coming in and out of the room with whatever loud toy he found in his bedroom.

Logan has been acting
strange lately, regarding movie selection. He's started to throw tantrums over certain movies (for our rest time). It's not the REST part that he spazzes over, as Ive played movies for other times too. But he's started to HATE what used to be his favorite. Lord of the Rings (The RING movie), Rush Hour 1 and 2 ( "Words coem out my mouth?" movie), Bladerunner, Star Wars, even the Karate Kid. He get freaked, and runs to his room - begging me to change the movie. He says that "bad guys" are in the movie, and that they scare him. He even freaked over "Baby's day out" and "Air Bud". THese last 2 are not favorites (they were first timers), but that goes to show that even child oriented cartoons can set him off. BUT, he'll watch Tom and Jerry, Lazy Town, and Dora (and Diego). Ive come to realize that every friggin movie or cartoon has bad guys in it.

* No - im not looking for suggestions for non-bad guy movies. It's just a ploy, an act, a phase ( I HOPE), and my son will have to learn to suck it up and be a man. If dad wants to watch the Karate Kid, then he will have to remember the 40 times that we watched it before, and he LOVED it. He'll have to remember our recent arguments (where he WON), as I tried in vain to tell him that Darth Vader is the Bad guy. Accoding to him, I must be out of my tree to think this.

Well, off to see that the rest of you in blogland have been writing tonight,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger jen said…

    A firefighter training program!? Why doesn't my treadmill have that! So jealous.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Geoff Busbridge said…

    My wife and I have already decided that we're not introducing movies or TV into our childrens lives until they are 7. Yup, 7. Not a criticism, but I am certain that bombarding them with images and notions they can't sort out yet will have a formative effect on them. Not necessarily bad, but certainly character shaping. Call me old skool (I am) and call me a controlling thug (I might be), but I would much rather do that and then unleash movies and the media and say, "Son (or daughter), here's our next lesson; the media. Here's what they show you and say to you. Now, what do you think about it?" Then I want to step back and talk to them about it and help them make up their own mind.

    Bit much for a random comment, but you already know I'm a wind-bag.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter