Adventures of Darth Daddy

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

It's nap time

The kids are working on Naptime, and the wife is helping out today, so I have a minute to talk.

DOJO NEWS: I've heard it said "Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed". No Shit...they musta gone to this dojo too. No one has seen hide nor hair of the judo guy, and JJ the Greater decided to postpone her return to next week. At least Adam showed up, and we had a chance to work together. We went over a review of the jujitsu stuff, got to test the practicality of some of the techniques, and tried some variations. I showed him a few muay thai drills, and then we moved on to Judo. He really suprised me with a few inventive moves (sneaky bastard). We invited JJ the Lesser to join in , but he was quickly winded. We need about 3 or 4 mor epeople, so randori wont need as long a rest period.

Also on a good note, after working out, I spent some time with the KF sifu. He was having 2 boys demonstrate what they had learned up to this point. It was interesting watching them perform , remember, or forget moves.....it wasn't too long ago that I knew none of them myself. It made me feel good to watch these kids perform, and know that I not only knew what they were doing, but had practiced it AND had a knowledge base above it. Sweeeeet.

Well - off to parts unknown. It's very VERY hot.....so a junk yard run is not practical. Nothing outside is, really. I wanted to cut the grass, but the heat is unbearable ( not to mention that we have no gas for the mower!)

Shannon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter