Adventures of Darth Daddy

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ya'll aint gonna belive this shit

Ok - the boys start preskool Wednesday

The new baby is being delivered on Thursday

My old Firebird stopped running . I suspect it needs a new fuel filter or pump. The inspection was expired, and the tags just expired as of September, so I pushed and pulled the car ino the driveway. And GOOD thing I did.

Today, as we were leaving, a construction crew took over the street. They are tearing down one house across the street, and building 3. They had lumber delivered, equipment to tear down the existing house, Virginia Natural Gas trucks, city inspectors, and (last but NOT LEAST) city sewer workers. If it drove a truck, they parked it in front of our house. (we live on a dead end street - one way out, and the carpeted it)

Our escape was narrow, but we made it out - and went to Burger King. Upon return---

The whole front of our house was blocked off - as were all the neighbors. They were digging a whole where my Firebird had been parked (before I moved it). Had I left it there, they would have had it towed.

I wedged in between two of their trucks, and they didnt like that. They finally opened a spot onto my front lawn, and we parked.

Coming up the front steps. my son spotted a dog layin in front of our door. Not OUR dog. So we had to deal with a stray thinking it was home. Hated to call the doggie cops, but I didn't want the old pup getting hurt.

THEN - the city workers break the sewer pipe. They tell me that we can't do certain things - like laundry, or flush the potty, or run our water, or wash dishes. He says that ehy might be able to get a crew out to fix it in an hour - that was 3 hours ago. They put pallets over the whole (with orange cones), and left for the day.

So on top of all that's already going on - we have lost use of our sink, our dishwasher, clothes washer, AND potty!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Darren said…

    Someday you'll laugh about all that happened the week the baby was born. Hang in there.

     
  • At 3:39 AM, Blogger Idaho Dad said…

    What a welcome to the world your baby's going to get!

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Yeah, some day you will laugh. Until that time, we will all just laugh at you, OK?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter