Adventures of Darth Daddy

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Before the fireworks start

Well, it's Tuesday night, and tomorrow is the 4th! I'm planning on taking the family to the local park (the kids call it the Tubbie Hill) for fireworks tomorrow night.

We would have had swim class on Wednesday morning, but those pricks at the Y decided to cancel classes. I don't get it - cancel 10am classes because people want to see fireworks at 10PM.


Had a nice night at the dojo tonight. Last night was the first weapons class. Started working on proper bo ediquette and taught a few opening steps for their first kata. A number of kids showed up last night for their first class, and had no idea to bring a bo with them, so my class was small (another instructor took the non-weapon using students).

Tonight was another night of younger, and lower belted students, so I kept it fun and very basic (covered a few stances and a few blocks), and of course - UKEMI! (rolling and falling ---mostly rolling). Can't belive that a large number of styles (and dojos) leave ukemi out of their practices. Hell, if it weren't for the ukemi part of the training, I'd need to hire a chiropractor. It's amazing what a few forward and backward rolls can do for reliving stress on a cramped spinal column.

Well, the boys are asleep, and I'm hungry - so off the fridge I go. Wish me luck!
ps. No gummi bears for me tonight!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Our Fireworks show puttered out. A stray firework went and set off all of the others and gave us this shock and awe "shit" campaign over at the base.

    So what did you find in the fridge? Mine is calling my name now as a matter of fact and it is indeed - lunchtime. =O)

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger sky said…

    Nice site! Just found you via Rebel Dad.

    check my site and let me know what you think. dads unite!

    www.piratepapa.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter