Adventures of Darth Daddy

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Postal worker makes my day

A few weeks back, I went shopping for a few outfits for my boys, and decided to get one to send to New Mexico to my 7 mo old nephew. Today, we finally got around to taking it to the post office to send.

I had both boys with me, and plopped them up on the counter while the clerk determined the cost for shipping. Logan mentioned that he loved Star Wars, and the clerk told us that he had Star Wars stamps. KEWL!

At the end, he asked if there was anything else he could help us with - so I said "Got any Shrek stamps?". He thought , and said that there may be some coming out in October. Double kewl!

As we concluded business, and I lowered the boys off of the counter, the clerk said "Ya know, the world need more dads like that."

I was floored. Hadn't really done anything out of the ordinary, but another guy saw that as wonderful. I thought a second and responded "I needed a dad like that."

He half smiled and said "Man, I know what you mean. Me too".

3 Comments:

  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    Very cool.

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    You are such a "kewl" Dad. Today I let Squirt go out and play in the rain. Oh, I'm sure the old fuddy duddies along the street thought of calling child services as I let her stomp in puddles and subjected her to catching herself a cold....

    ..but who cares. They're only young once.

    How's the better half? Are you still expecting?

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger Darren said…

    Those are the kind of comments that mean so much. Kudos to the postal worker. And thanks for letting us all know about the Shrek stamps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter