Adventures of Darth Daddy

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Dr Google and my wasted dr visit

I did something to my right ankle. The tendons got pulled or something. And occasionally, ther eis a shooting pain going striaght up my heel. I noticed it after a bit of a pissing contest at aikido class. I was being a non-resistant (but realistic) partner, and my partner started getting pissed off because he couldn't do the technique properly. Imagine someone pushing you backwards, and then getting all pissy because you didn't fall forwards.

Anyways, after 2 weeks of this come and go "OUCHIE", I decided to make an appt to see the dr. The night before, I googled all sorts of ankle pain sites, and red up on what may be going on. The day of the visit, I had no pain, and when he applied pressure to my foot, nothing happened. He seemed happy that it wasn't a constant pain, and that it was lessening as the days past. He recomended that I give it a break, and not go to the dojo for about 2 weeks.

In essence - (and much more simplified)----

ME: "Dr, it hurts when I do this."
Dr: "Then don't do that. And try not to do that for 2 additional weeks."

On one hand I'm glad that he didn't find any cause to lop off my foot - but also, aint the internet wonderful? 15 minutes of web surfing and I got all that I needed (without the 45 minute wait in the lobby).

Not sure about aikido class tomorrow. The main teacher is away anyways - no use going (and only going half speed) when it's a guest teacher. Sith lords need only one master at a time. Mines on vacation - perhaps my ankle will join him.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger jen said…

    Hope it feels better soon!

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Idaho Dad said…

    About ten years ago I hurt my pinky finger. Not a break, but some kind of ligament tear. Hurt really bad. I went to the doctor to see what he could do, and he looked at it and said, "There's nothing we can do. Just don't use it."

    Cost me $80 for that brilliant opinion. Ever since then, I'm very reluctant to go to doctors.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter