Adventures of Darth Daddy

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Father's Day

Until Logan came along (and soon the new baby as well) , I really had no use for the day. Now - I can't imagine a more perfect holiday. I celebrate everyday that I am I daddy - but a day when other people regocnize the work I do - that's cool!
We started the day a bit unusually - Alicia and Logan left quite early to meet her parents for church. They were going to go for breakfast afterwards, and I was under specific instructions from the Lord to sleep in late. But allowances can always be made for food! I met them at the Pancake place - sat in a booth with the munchkin between us. He's really had a beef with highchairs lately - he wants to sit in the booth or chair like a big boy. He behaves, so we accomodate him.
After breakfast, we came home for a big of a rest - then it was off to Walmart. Snacks and more snacks!! The inlaws were having a picnic at 2pm, so we shopped before hand and headed over. Darth Logan only got a 4 minute nap - but was an angel for the whole day. He played outside, tried to pet the fishie in the pond - saw the turtle that has taken up residency in thier pond - played with the dog, and made the rounds seein family members (Great Grampa Morrow, Great Uncle Chuck, and Great Aunt Carolyn). My mom was also there, so he had to grandmas to play with.
When he had had enough of visiting (playing with them), it was a flattering "back to dear old dad". He wanted a horsey ride, so I obliged. I had an IcyHot patch on my lower back (from my junk yard visit the day before) - and my knees ached on their hard wood floor- but Darth Logan rode - all over the house. We ended up going for about 6-7 seperate rides. Then, he brought me my shoes and his shoes - and wanted to go for a walk. okey dokey a walk it is. We walked hand in hand for a few houses, then I hoisted him on my shoulders. This is where it got really fun. Two houses had sprinklers on watering their yards - we ran thru aboth of em! When we got thru both of them, we turned around and did it again! What a blast!
Later, as we came home, he drifted off to sleep, and we put him in his crib for the night.
A little bit ago, he let out a scream that scared me and all the cats - they ran one way - I ran the other! A nightmare I guess. I was standing up in his crib very upset. I told him it was ok - that dada was there. He said "uh huh" - I held him for a while - and he drifted back to sleep. He awoke slightly as I set him back in bed - so I sang "Turaluralura" to him - that did the trick. What a father's day - spending a wonderful time with the guy who made it all happen - and all worth while - my son.
The wife is asleep - Darth Logan is too - as is baby Darth Not Born Yet. As for myself - the Force is with me.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Grant said…

    Happy Father's Day to you too. I felt a tinge of emotion when I read this post. Logan is lucky to have Darth Daddy.

    Grant

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter