Adventures of Darth Daddy

Friday, June 18, 2004

Summer heat

Man- it's was a hot one today. Spent most of the day inside, playing with the baby. We ventured out a few times - thank goodness I bought that $30 do it yourself Airconditioning refill kit from Walmart! Too muggy for backyard or playgrounds - we just went out to eat, and to buy another Voltage Meter (I blew the last one up). Found a really good sale at Harbor Freight Tools - voltage meter for $3.99 ( I bought 2 just in case)
I installed the new alternator in the black hearse - connected all the wires I could find (I found an extra one - no idea where it goes). The voltage meter fluxes a bit, but the battery stays a little above 12volts , even when the radio and headlights are on. I do belive I found the trouble - 4 starters and a new set of battery wires later, that is. Anyways - I need to adjust the carb, and take it for a spin tomorrow - too hot today - too hot to push it home in case it breaks down! If I fixed it - really fixed it - it's off to the junk yard to get back seats. Darth Logan will soon be transported in style.
(On a side note - it's not just the coolness of the car that I'm attracted to. It's built on the frame of a 77 Town and Country (station wagon- they have since evolved into minivans) - so there is a safety factor involved. The car is made of steel - with steel bumpers - and shoudl be much safer than my Firebird. It drives great - just like a station wagon. And statistically--- hell, when's the last time you ever heard of a person dying IN a hearse!? Carried by one afterward - but not IN one. And no better way to scare off potential car theives than by scaring the hell out of them! No car alarm needed (but I got one anyways).
I'll try to post a picture of the black beast.
The baby's alseep - the wife's asleep and I um zzzzzzzzzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter