Adventures of Darth Daddy

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Martial Sports and my trip to Advance Auto Parts

Whoever includes Tae Kwon Do as a martial art is either someone who has never taken it, or a disallusioned practitioner who wants to be included with the ranks of Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee.. After taking much more traditional forms, that actually had a rich history, traditionas, and taught defense - I can conclude that either 1. TKD be called a martial sport, not art or 2. Simply sport - the martial is debatable. Man I miss Kajukenpo - or jujitsu - or aikido or kobudo.
THE HEARSE UPDATE: Took the battery and the Alternator to Advance tonight - they tested the battery - said it was good. Looked at the Alternator, and said "It's shot - here-- have a new one". I said "Um ok...thank you". Then I got the hell out of dodge. Wasn't gonna look a gift horse in the mouth. (I may have bought the old one there, and they recognized it - but I didnt have a receipt - they didn't ask - I didn't tell.) So - I come home and put both back in. Car starts fine, but alternator guage still don't work. Thn the lights dim - and it won't restart. Dunno. Maybe the old battery was so low that the alternator woulnd't charge it? I put the battery on the charger, and will mess with it in the daylight tomorrow. There are 2 connectors taht can attach to the back of the alternator - and I got 3 wires to attach there. Maybe this is messing things up somehow.
WIFE UPDATE: I think I need a vacation. She's on summer vacation from skool - which means the way "I" had things (a system of smoothly flowing ways for the Baby and I) is now shot to hell. Can't say much - she's pregnant - so I ask if she needs anything, and try to stay out of her way most of the time. When I sense short temper - I snatch the baby from the crosshairs, and we (Darth Logan and I) go for a drive to somewhere - ANYWHERE!!
She said that Logan went down for a nap without too much trouble - but when he woke up, he was rich with the dark side of the force. I guess it's just terrible 2 time - and Daddy is better at distracting him away from it. (Yeay Daddy!)
Well- that's where I'm at tonight - questionable vehicle, snoozing dark sider, and a wife asleep in the living room(bearing Darth baby #2).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter